September 2012 Weddings

Is it too soon to be planning?

We are planning on having our wedding Sept. 14th 2012 but I feel a little weird about planning already. I am excited and want to plan but I'm worried that I'll have everything done by Nov. and then I'll just be waiting. What do you guys think?

The only thing we are doing is booking the venue.

I started a guest list but with over 400 days away I can't make it official..

Have you told your bridesmaids yet who they are?

Save the dates this early?

I've been married once before and of course worked on the planning everyday for 18 months, so I feel like there wont be any surprises this time and I know what to plan for but do you think I need to start this soon?

Re: Is it too soon to be planning?

• As long as you're engaged, it's not too early if you feel like it.  For most people, there's no rush.  I do know that in my area specifically (where we're getting married, not where we live), things book up wayyyyy in advance.  Our venue has already closed the books entirely on new 2012 weddings!  Our photographer is booked May through September 2012 every single weekend.  And our caterer has weddings booked the weekend before and two the weekend after ours.  So there are other women out there planning!

I will say I didn't need tons of time.  We got engaged in April, but we did book our venue in March since we knew we were getting engaged and it was booking up.  Since then, we've signed contracts with the photographer, DJ, videographer, florist, and caterer (in that order).  I bought my dress and veil yesterday, and I had bought my shoes several weeks ago. We still have to book a tent and chair rentals, and after that it's just details - save-the-dates, invitations, lace overlays for the tables, and DIY projects (fun packs for the kids, including a wedding themed coloring book, program fans, tissue envelopes for the ceremony's happy tears, the sash I'm going to wear on my dress, take engagement photos and make a guest book out of them, wedding themed MadLibs for the tables, cardbox). 

Honestly, even with quite a lot of DIY projects, I'm very sure we could have planned for THIS September!  and we got engaged in April!  The one thing is that we wouldn't have had such a wide choice of vendors - they would have been booked already.  And I would have had to pick a sample dress instead of having one custom made, but really... I think I'm just going to spend the next year enjoying being engaged and waiting not-so-patiently to become his Mrs.!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards