Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Girls who have been to Riviera Maya

Sorry about being a PW today!If you've been to Riviera Maya, please recommend your all-inclusive.  We've nixed the cruise officially and decided back on our original decision- Riviera Maya.  Please only recommend if you've actually been there.Gracias!

11-15-08
12-1-10

Re: Girls who have been to Riviera Maya

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Grand Palladium Riviera and we LOVED IT!!Check this site for tons of info on the resort and lots of recs on things to do in the area.  It was so helpful when we were planning.  Also - let me know if you want to see our hm pics and I'll send you the link.[url]http://palladiumaddict.net/MRP/Files/SiteDirectory.html[/url]
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another thought- we're trying to go on the cheap(er)- between $600-800 pp (not including airfare) because we have to kennel two dogs as well and are expecting around a $250-300 bill for that on top of all travel expenses.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya. It was so beautiful. I have some pictures of the resort on FB. We were blown away by everything the resort offered.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with my entire family about two years ago. It was so much fun. We stayed at Dreams Tulum. It was an AI.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I stayed at the Riu there with my mom a couple of years ago and really DIDN'T like it, so this is an anti-recommendation :)  I don't like all-inclusives in general, but the food at this one was particularly bad.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What dates do you have in mind?  I am a master at finding cheap(er) vacations, and in my experience, you should surely be able to find an all-inclusive PLUS airfare for around $800.  We went out of DC and stayed at a Barcelo for $580 (including air and all taxes) for 7 nights.  With all of the activities in the area, you will not regret skipping the cruise!Reply with your dates and I'll see what I can find!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at Secrets Capri. Very nice.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have free airfare (it was a wedding gift from my sister) but are looking at the week before Thanksgiving or the week of Thanksgiving, whichever is cheaper.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, then I am not as helpful as I thought I was!  I think Orbitz.com is running good specials on hotel rooms.  If you stay for 5+ days, they discount their prices by 30%.  We just got two rooms in Dublin for $110 USD a night. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards