Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Song Choosing Help!

So our DJ would like us to pick a song to play that will signify the end of dinner and indicate the start of the dance party.  Something fun that will get everyone out on the dance floor.  Parents and the BP is being introduced to I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas and FI & I are being introduced to Short Skirt Long Jacket by Cake.  Last song of the night is One More Time by Daft Punk.Any thoughts on a party song?  I would have leaned toward Get it Started by BEP, but I'm not sure I want 2 BEP songs.  We love music and are open to anything.  Any ideas will help!TIA!

Re: Song Choosing Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Get This Party Started by Pink- this is what we used!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my BP and family danced to I gotta feeling and I Had the dj midway through the song tell the guests that they were more than welcomed to come up to the dance floor to get the night started and I spoke with some of my friends and told them at this point and highly suggested that they come up and dance then....which they were fine with and then everyone else then came upI loved how it all worked out!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everybody dance now by C&C Factory! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Quite honestly, our DJ picked this song for us. I have no idea what song it was! Our BM's and GM's were awesome, and really got the dancing started which then lasted all night. I heart them :-) (I have been to weddings where dancing did not commence and never did).

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I've definitely got plants in the audience to get up and start dancing.  I was that plant for a few friends and they will be returning the favor.  Just gotta figure a song.  Good suggestions so far--keep em coming.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh I like the Everybody Dance Now suggestion - I'm sorry, but who can resist busting a move when they hear that song? :)

Vacation

• Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Quite honestly, our DJ picked this song for us. I have no idea what song it was!I'm with Dori - I have absolutely no idea what was played first.  We left it up to our DJ...yours might have a good idea too! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate to go there in case it seems odd, but Michael Jackson songs ALWAYS get people dancing (according to my DJ). What about 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough'? Or how about any of these?Hollaback Girl - Gwen StefaniWomanizer or Toxic - Miss BritneyYeah! - UsherSexyBack- Justin TimberlakePerhaps super cheesy choices?Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - Will SmithHoliday - MadonnaHot in Herre - Nelly  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DJ also picked mine, and I think it was something stupid like Old Time Rock n Roll.  Even if I did pick something, my DJ probalby wouldn't have played it anyway, cause he sucked.  Yes, I'm still bitter about my DJ.I'd pick something Britney or Lady Gaga!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great picks, Molly! Though I'm not sure about womanizer! :-P
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I would vote for a little Kanye! Gold Digga is a classic, and you better believe they played it at our wedding!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Kanye is awesome. I agree. D- Are you saying that a song about a womanizer isn't good wedding etiquette? :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might be in the minority here, but I feel like something a little older and less Top 40ish might get more people of all ages on the floor.  I'm thinking "Love Shack" or "Boot Scootin' Boogie" or something like that.  Totally depends on your guests, though!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are all great ideas!  Jen, you might be right about Love Shack, though.  I was just about to throw this back to the DJ--he asked us to come up with something, but would be totally cool if we just told him to do it.  But I thought, there are my knottie girls who always have good ideas!  I'll give FI some of these ideas and if we are still at an impasse, I'll tell the DJ to figure it out!Thanks so much ladies!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ Molly & her womanizing etiquette! ;-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards