Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

So fickle!!

I was browsing around on the July 2010 board and read some of the knowledge that some of the July '09 brides had passed down to us July '10ers, and this one made me laugh:"You WILL hate your wedding the last 2 weeks before it happens. I don't think there is an July 09 bride that isn't sick of her wedding. But we all know that we are going to enjoy every second of the actual day and it will be exactly what you wanted it to be...it just needs to be here NOW!"I'm already being fickle and wondering if I'm making the right choices. And my wedding is 10 mos. away still!! Ahh!Perfect example of it happening already:  I fell in love with the idea of a yellow/gray color scheme for my wedding with the guys wearing gray tuxes and the maids in yellow cocktail length dresses and yellow flowers in their hair. I LOVE that idea!!!! But already I've had so much opposition with the gray tux thing because people say, "Oh you'll wish you didn't do something trendy in 10 years. Stick with classic black.," and "Why do gray if you're not getting married outside?" It totally makes me second guess it, even though I know I love it! Urgh. Same with the reception hall I chose... the second I booked it my mom said in an unenthusiastic voice, "Whatever you want!" and it was just because she had a long day at work, but I misinterpreted it as she didn't like my decision. So I wished I would have picked the other place... grass is always greener on the other side, eh?Will I ever be satisfied with my decisions?! Lol!

Re: So fickle!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you like gray and yellow, then go for gray and yellow! There is always going to be someone who doesn't like something for whatever reason, just do what makes you happy.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my bridesmaids are wearing black full length gowns with silver sashes (bill levkoff 415) and SO many people have said to me - what>!> black?  Yup - with silver elbow length gloves - so I say go for it!!!!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, I love it! I just think I have to get used to having a backbone and saying, "It's MY wedding and I'll do what I want!" ;)
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second guessed myself with almost everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That makes me feel better, AMK!! By the way, when is the baby due? My BFF is due March 31st and she just shared with me today that it is currently the size of a prune. So exciting! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just learn to keep saying to yourself - "The only person that this really matters to is me and FI." I knew there was no way that I was going to please everyone since they all had such different opinions, so I might as well just please the two of us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a horrible decision-maker in general, so I hear ya. You'll make it through! :-) That quote from the July board seems a little extreme though IMO. Maybe I am in the minority here, but I never "hated" my wedding. I was over some family drama, and just ready to be married, but that's about it.
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baby's due Feb. 8th!
  • Options
    jennybean2010jennybean2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    amber i love the idea of yellow & gray-i fully support it! i haven't checked your bio...which venue did you book?! i don't usually like bright yellow, because i don't like the black & yellow combo..however i do love the idea of pairing it with gray. i think it will still be classy and elegant, and not as so trendy that in 20 years you will cringe. try to go with your gut. when we got engaged, i immediately wanted a pink/brown wedding. mom didn't want the BM's in pink, FI didn't want them in brown. great. so then it was tiffany blue/brown. FI still didn't want brown, and i didn't want to put them in blue (seemed like too much blue for my taste). i was searching out color combo's like a crazy person. finally one day i was laying in bed trying to figure out how i could make it all work. i still kinda wish i had done a pink or blue combo with brown, but once it got moved to a winter wedding the brown no longer seemed to make sense anyways. it all works out in the end, just try to stick to your guns on the colors, unless dave hates them beyond belief. but something tells me that dave is far too easy going to really despise anything that much!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I majorly questioned so many WR decisions that I made.  Actually IMO - that is one way the knut was unhelpful to me during planning.  I'd see too many things that others were doing and get too many ideas and then question my original plans or vendors.  Stick with what you like! 
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't hate any of my decisions yet.. I'm just hoping that now that I have 13 months to go that I won't be tired of the ideas by time I get there! Truthfully I think we'll all be fine :)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    McBridetobe: that's the first time I've ever heard a "Knut" reference, haha! Was that supposed to be "Knot" and was a typo, or a pun? Haha! Love it!And yeah, I am fortunately very lucky and have a very supportive, laid-back FI so he'll back me with whatever. *sigh* Love him! However, even he was a little oppositional on the gray tuxes, so I might drag him to Men's Warehouse or something this weekend to try a suit on and prove to him how sharp he'll look! ;)Just relieved to know that the fickle thing isn't just me being a pain in the a$$... it's a normal process! Thanks lovely ladies!
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am generally happy with most of my decision.  But even 1 month and 3 weeks away, I am very SICK of my wedding!!  I'm in a wedding funk and FI is making matters worse.  But I think you'll be fine, go with you gut and only let people know what they need to know.  Something I've learned along of way of planning. FI's sister and mother are very opinionated and make me second guess every decision and I am now at the "f" it stage with them and I will ONLY tell them what they need to know when I feel they need to know it.  I've bit my tongue so many times for so many months that now I just don't care!GL
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    McBridetobe: that's the first time I've ever heard a "Knut" reference, haha! Was that supposed to be "Knot" and was a typo, or a pun? Haha! Love it!LOL, no it was on purpose. :)  Generally used for something negative about the knot - usually for error messages!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards