Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

house hunts

FI and I are going to look @ 3 houses tonight! Im getting more and more nervous about all this it seems my lease time up is approaching WAY too quickly. And then I think next week we're going to try and do all the 'financing crap' to see how much money we can get! I really hope atleast one of these 3 stays on the market for just a little longer for us to put a bid on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: house hunts

• Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vibes for you!I know you mentioned your concerns with your lease before.  would it be possible to go month to month or to move in with your FI and his bro for a month or two?  You shouldn't rush your search! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GL! Definitely go do your pre-approval ASAP otherwise you might be looking at houses you can't even afford!

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Karen, good luck tonight, but definitely do a pre-approval. It's always good to know exactly what you can afford before you shop.
  • Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    would it be possible to go month to month or to move in with your FI and his bro for a month or two?my apt I refuse to stay @ when we had that really bad rain our apt got flooded, that was in hmm June and we still have yet to have replacement carpeting. But if it all fails, we're just going to find somwhere else to rent until we find something, there are a few nice places out here in Robinson. And we have 2 townhouses that we really liked to if we cant find a house that we wouldnt mind living in for a few years. so we shall see. Its so nerve wracking, cause I DONT want to rush, but FI is so dang busy with work that has been one big thing that has been holding us back from going out and looking *sigh*

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No agent would let us even look at houses without a pre-approval letter.  I would do that first to see what your budget is first.  GL.  Where are you planning for houses?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I have been tryin to tell FI that we NEED to get that done like ASAP, cause that is going to be a HUGE HUGE HUGE thing. He doesnt get it, he's lived in the same place for his whole life, and I have worked in the field so I know how much of a PITA it can all be...cheryl, we're looking in Robinson. Green Tree. Bridgville. Cecil. North Fayette area

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck with the houses!  We rushed through ours, we got preapproved, looked at houses, bought the house, and closed all within a month!  Wouldn't recommend it, but it can be done!  Definately get your preapproval ASAP. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto the pre-approval letter. Our agent wanted one before she would even take us out looking for one. Def. go get that asap
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    preapprovals are super super easy to get.  It can be done over the phone!  You def need to do that tho. But good luck!  I looked in those areas when I was searching for a house-  pretty steady market
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is a huge PITA and FI was very slow at getting the house financing process started.  It took me weeks to finally light the fire under his butt to call the bank! I lived in S. Fayette/Bridgeville for three years and loved it, so convenient to everything. We live in Bethel Park almost South Park area and it is HUGE PITA and takes forever to get to a major highway...but our house and neighborhood is great!GL!!  Hopefully this will get your FI in the mood to start the process!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls! Well Im off to meet the realtor and FI and hopefully knock some sense into him about getting the pre-approval done!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun and good luck!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards