Wedding Invitations & Paper

Send invites to people I KNOW aren't coming?

I have friends in CA, AZ, HI, and KY that I know for sure would not be able to make my PA wedding. Should I even bother sending them invitations? If so, should I just send e-vites instead of buying more paper invitations?

Re: Send invites to people I KNOW aren't coming?

• IMO - you should. I had a friend get married last year, and even though she knew I couldn't make it she still sent me invite, and it made me feel good that she included me.

Even though it may cost more money, it's a nice gesture to those who really want to be there but cannot.

Hope that helps!
  • Absolutely; I've got family that I KNOW won't be coming, but I'm still inviting them. It lets them know you still want them there, and it prevents problems. Plus, there's always the wonderful point my mother in law pointed out- if you invite them and they can't come, you won't be buying them food and they still might send gifts!! XD Shallow, probably, but it made me laugh.
  • Definitely send them paper invites. e-vites are for more casual events and are not appropriate for wedding invitations. And who knows, plans may change and they make the trip out to your wedding.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_send-invites-people-arent-coming?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:0ac4baf7-20f5-4cd1-8281-d2289d46c5b0Post:92f985a3-917c-457e-a94f-c78c5d22898c">Re: Send invites to people I KNOW aren't coming?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely send them paper invites. e-vites are for more casual events and are not appropriate for wedding invitations. <strong>And who knows, plans may change and they make the trip out to your wedding.
    </strong>Posted by caseyandlizzie[/QUOTE]

This.  Definitely send everyone a hard-copy/paper invite.  We had people that told us they wouldn't be able to make it but ended up coming, including my cousins from Hawaii.  You really never know
  • Yes.  My coteacher can not come to my wedding because he is in another one that day but I'm still sending him the invite.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Definitely send invites!! They might surprise you and decide to come or send a present if they don't. Smile
  • I say yes too. I read somewhere to let the guests decide if they'll come to the wedding, don't try and make the decision for them - you might be surprised as to who makes the trip.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards