Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Confession

The day after Labor Day, I am sporting a white short sleeved sweater to the office. A co-irker just decided to comment on this. Oh well - guess I'm going to fashion hell :P

Re: Confession

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Um seriously? How old and outdated is that rule anyway?! Fashion Hell might be a fun place! At least you could be snarky :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhh, it's a sweater.  I am kind of fall fashion crazy, but IMO, other than white shoes after labor day, almost anything goes (color-wise).

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer, I do not think I need to be in hell to be snarky :PAnd since it's a sweater, I feel totally fall-like anyhow! I imagine you'll be rocking out the non-sweaters AND the white for quite a while in your tropical climate
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    go home and immediately change!  such a faux pax!! lol- did someone really say something about it? wow- I completely forgot about that stupid "rule"
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um, really?  A white sweater? I only stop wearing white shoes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really?  I thought that rule only applied to shoes and pants/skirts.  Huh... learn something new every day :p
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG Jenn. I am wearing a white half sweater today too!!!! Oh, and I should rephrase that in fashion hell, you will have lots of people to be snarky at....does that make more sense? :-) I actually will be rocking out sweaters and such for the next few weeks! Since its Ramadan, the Muslims are a little more strict about what they expect us to wear! I have been wearing long sleeves the past few weeks!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, that's ridiculous, and not even correct on their part.  Hasn't this person ever heard of winter white?!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fashion disaster confession #2: The hem of one of my pant legs also started falling down this morning, and all I had on me was a couple bobby pins. I am rocking the ghetto-ness until I can run to CVS at lunch for fashion tape or something
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What?! Even if that was the rule (which I don't think it is, I believe the "rule" is you are not supposed wear white pants or shoes, right?) who would actually say something to someone else about it? I'm wearing a white tank top with a white sweater over it today. OoOoOo!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Skyblue, I will send my co-irker over to tell you about the error of your ways :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should wear white all week just to spite this fashionable co-irker of yours
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, so annoying! FWIW, I plan on rocking my white pants and skirt if the weather is still fairly warm- I will just wear them with different, not-as-summery shirts. :-P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I join you in part of your fashion "errors:... I had to Scotch tape the hem of my shirt today because it started to come apart in the front. Oops.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I may have everyone beat.  I'm wearing white shoes *gasp*!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that's crazy that someone pointed it out. a little funny though. I usually put away the white pants and skirts but shirts are a free for all as far as I'm concerned For the hem coming out I have used a stapler before to fix them ;) Fashion Hell doesn't sound too bad.. I mean think about it that has to be where all the slap bracelets are.. and who doesn't miss those ;)
    image.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards