Wedding Invitations & Paper

Tricky Invitation

My fiancee and I have a some friends that are a couple that will both be in our wedding.  However I am slightly confused as to how to address and where to send the invite...my friend lives in an apt by herself while her boyfriend lives at home with his parents (odd situation I know)! Should I send the invite to her address or his and depending on where I send it should I list that person first?! HELP!!!

Re: Tricky Invitation

• I would send the invitation to her, since it sounds as if she is the "primary" friend (i.e. you were friends with her prior to when she began to date her BF.)

Then just address it to:
    Ms. Friend
    Mr. Friend's BF
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Technically each friend gets an individual invitation.  I know not everyone does that but that's the "technical" way to do it. 

If they're both in the wedding, I'd do that anyway so they can call the invitation a keepsake.
  • troublejessytroublejessy member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_tricky-invitation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:13943e5b-99f7-40f9-a766-122954e87f81Post:54d093f9-b2e4-4a83-aa08-254a68d22f8a">Re: Tricky Invitation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Technically each friend gets an individual invitation.  I know not everyone does that but that's the "technical" way to do it.  If they're both in the wedding, I'd do that anyway so they can call the invitation a keepsake.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

This!  However, you know your friends better than anyone, so if you're trying to send fewer invitations and don't think they'll mind then go for it.  My understanding is that the woman's name should be listed first.  You would address it to both of them with no "and" (since they are unmarried) and put their names on different lines:

Miss Jane Smith
    Mr. John Doe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited image 60 Ready to Party! image 84 Party Poopers image 10 MIA
    RSVP Date:February 14, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards