Wedding Invitations & Paper

Technology RSVP

Is there a proper rule of thumb to follow with RSVPing the wedding? I was thinking, in todays very technological world ,of putting an email address along with a phone number to call or text your RSVP since most people may forget to send back the card or what not. I know i would be likely to RSVP right away if there was a phone number to text. Would this be rude to do?

Re: Technology RSVP

• I honestly have no idea on the etiquette of this, so if I'm supporting the wrong side someone please correct me, but I've had people send me invites with their emails as an additional rsvp and I love it.
    I am one of those horrible people that is awful about mailing back the response card, but I always email a response back right away.  The people I know that have included an email address usually have a separate "wedding" gmail (or whatever) account, so they have all the info right there.

I would suggest also having a response card though, especially for any older/less technologically oriented guests.
  • I'm not a fan of technology RSVPs. I am old school about certain things, and invitations are one of them. However, a lot of people, like PP love them, so it should be ok as long as you ALSO have the traditional RSVP card.  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I am not a fan of the phone/email rsvp.  People are less likely to respond.  They put the invitation aside and think "oh, I need to email them", and then never do.  And honestly, it's a formal event and I think it deserves a formal rsvp.    I would not want to "text" rsvp to a wedding and I am a very tech-oriented person generally.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_technology-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1443351c-70b7-4fef-afa2-40ad31cf9c0cPost:634d02fd-cb12-4a45-aee5-31f08bf688c4">Re: Technology RSVP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not a fan of the phone/email rsvp.  People are less likely to respond.  They put the invitation aside and think "oh, I need to email them", and then never do.  <strong>And honestly, it's a formal event and I think it deserves a formal rsvp.</strong>    I would not want to "text" rsvp to a wedding and I am a very tech-oriented person generally.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

This.  I find it a shame that technology is making responses for formal events like weddings on par with a summer BBQ.
  • Hello!
    Did you conclude on an idea for a technology RSVP?  I'm also evaluating this.

We wanted to use the Knot website for the RSVP, but it doesn't allow you to enter a number of ppl attending... so it'll require more work to go back and ask people (esp familes) how many are actually attending.

Thoughts?
  • TheKnot.com's RSVP system does allow you to have numbers of people, it just requires some work on the front end - if you fill in your guest list on the site, you can add guests to each name, so that when the name is searched, it will bring up all possible guests that go with that name.
    Again, it does require work on your part in the beginning, but it can work.  

I'm currently evaluating if spending the time entering guest names is worth it, but it does seem like they have an upload tool, if you have your addresses in excel format already, which I might play with a bit more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards