Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Help!! what to write!

Ok so My mom and step dad are paying for a significant part of the wedding and we are paying for the rest. Grooms parents are not paying for anything, I am assuming it is becasue my fiance is divorced and they payed for a portion of his first wedding. (even though that was 15 years ago) anyway how in the world do we word the invitation.... together with our parents...??  even if his parents are not paying for even the rehersal dinner?
help your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed!

Re: Help!! what to write!

• Options
    "Together with their parents" works.

Or you could do:

Mrs. Bride's Mom and Mr. Bride's Stepdad
    request your presence at at the wedding of their daughter
    sherriem40
    to
    sherriem40's FI
    son of FI's parents

This option, to me at least, indicates that your parent are paying for the entire affair, so the first option might be better.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Neither of our parents are contributing to the wedding, which is fine with us, but I'm aiming to use "Together with their parents" that is unless my FI puts up a fight about it.
  • Options
    We paid for 60% (well I did) of our wedding and each set of parents ending up paying 20% each, we used "Together with their parents"
  • Options
    We didn't get any money from DH's family and mine footed most of the bill, but we still went with "Together with their parents".  It was just easier for a number of reasons.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards