Wedding Invitations & Paper

Just about to order Invites for wedding

Yup, we're just about to order our wedding invites- pending approval  of wording from dad. My parents are paying for them hence the approval part. I love them and could have ordered them weeks if not months ago. But we held off to taste the food that we would be having and figure out for the response card to list a choice or combo. We decided to go with the combo  and yet we didn't order then.

This morning my mother deicded that before I leave for work she was going to do a mock up of the invite. Personally, I don't care about what font it is- just make it nice and we're good. I'm not good at the real little details like that. We decided that since the groom's family isn't on top of things or puts things off we're saying the RSVP date is 4 weeks before the wedding. We're telling the hall a number count 2 weeks before the wedding.

Going on that, we're going to hit a problem. It's April 26th, the RSVP date is May 30th, and the wedding is June 30th. I know that its cutting things close and maybe I should be panicing, but somehow I'm not. I'm just trying to relax and get ready for my shower this weekend. Would you be doing the same?

Hope everyone else is having better timing for their invites. Laughing
Anniversary

Re: Just about to order Invites for wedding

• What would you suggest for the RSVP date? We need to tell the hall  a number count two weeks before, so we thought three weeks before would be good. From waiting on the rSVP for the shower- we thought maybe four weeks before would be better.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks again!
    Anniversary
  • Are you suggesting it could be a problem because you haven't yet ordered them and your RSVP date is in one month? You'll have to mail them as soon as you get them, but I don't think the quick turn-around is going to be an issue. If anything, people might get them, notice the date, and fill them out/send them back immediately instead of having tons of time to send them back and letting a bunch of mail pile up on top of them.
    You could probably make the RSVP date as late as June 9 -- exactly 3 weeks before your wedding, and then if you have anyone who hasn't RSVPd, use that week until June 16 (when your caterer needs your numbers) to call them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think if your wedding date is June 30th, I would go with June 9th as the "RSVP by" date.  Which means... you need to get those invites ordered, pretty much, right now.  My STD cards took about 8 or 9 days to arrive.  I just ordered my invitations yesterday and the company is saying the expected ship date is about 2 weeks from now. 

If your wedding is June 30th, you need to have your invites in the mail by May 15.  If you order today, you might not even get the invites back from the printer until around the 12th, give or take.  So, yeah...  I would be stressing a little about getting them ordered.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_just-about-to-order-invites-for-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1e937347-6513-4962-817f-08699f57872dPost:8942cddf-6118-40bf-9e1a-0b5124aafb22">Re: Just about to order Invites for wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think if your wedding date is June 30th, I would go with June 9th as the "RSVP by" date.  Which means... you need to get those invites ordered, pretty much, right now.  My STD cards took about 8 or 9 days to arrive.  I just ordered my invitations yesterday and the company is saying the expected ship date is about 2 weeks from now.  If your wedding is June 30th, you need to have your invites in the mail by May 15.  If you order today, you might not even get the invites back from the printer until around the 12th, give or take.  So, yeah...  I would be stressing a little about getting them ordered.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this. As long as you have all your addresses ready to go, you shouldn't have a major problem knocking out the stuffing and addressing in a couple of days.
    Lizzie
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_just-about-to-order-invites-for-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:1e937347-6513-4962-817f-08699f57872dPost:f2c113e4-aa37-4dae-9184-b1da77d71bea">Re: Just about to order Invites for wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't change your rsvp date just because your inviting procrastinators. When they don't send their rsvp card in on time, your FI needs to pick up the phone and call them. "Hey aunt Sally, just seeing if you and uncle Bob are coming to the wedding. We didn't receive your rsvp card." And FWIW, practically everyone is a procrastinator when it comes to rsvp cards. The majority of them always come in at the very last minute.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

I agree.

• >>Going on that, we're going to hit a problem. It's April 26th, the RSVP date is May 30th, and the wedding is June 30th.

What's the problem?

I would agree with the other posters that you could go with a 3-week RSVP to wedding time line, instead of 4.  But you want 4.  That's fine

The rest looks fine too.  Sure, you'll have to mail out your invitations within three or four days of getting them, in order to leave guests two weeks before the RSVP date.  But that's fine ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards