Wedding Invitations & Paper

Error on ordered invites!!!!

Ok, so I have ordered and paid for my invitations.  However, when I showed them to my friend today she noticed that the first letter in my parents last name was not capitalized.  Friend says don't worry about it because it is not as though something is misspelled.  It is not that noticable on the computer when you preview it.  But I am starting to panic, because I am scard that it will be very noticeable on paper.  I cannot make any changes at this point because the printing has already started.  Do you all think this a huge deal?  Should I order new ones or just suck it up and go with the ones I have?  Thanks everyone!

Re: Error on ordered invites!!!!

• I would contact the company making your invites right away and see what they can do to fix it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Call them.  See if they can fix it.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • If the company absolutely can't fix it, I say just go with it.  If you think of all the other things you have planned for your wedding and all of the little details that you have added, missing the capitalization of this one letter will not determine whether you have a beautiful wedding or not!  And to be quite honest, most people will probably never even notice, unless you point it out to them and the money you save on reordering invitations can go to some other detail that you really want!
  • Contact the company asap and see if it can be changed. Just because they've said printing has started doesn't really mean it has (I'm in publishing -- we fudge that all the time).
  • If it is too late, I wouldn't worry about it either.  I'd probably never notice it and even if someone does notice, it is a pretty minor error.  Like your friend said, everything is spelled right and the info is correct.  Don't waste money having them reprinted.  Just let it go!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards