Wedding Invitations & Paper

Am I too late?

We would like to invite people who couldn't attend our DW to a big dinner when we get home so we can celebrate with them. It would be July 23rd and we would just need an rsvp by the day before. If I got invites out in the next week or so, do you feel like that's enough time for them to fit a dinner into their schedule?

Before anyone gets offended...Yes we did extend an invite to these people but due to a variety of reasons they declined. No it's not another wedding or pretty princess day, it's just dinner. I won't be wearing my dress, there won't be a cake cutting or speeches or dances. We are also making it super clear to everyone that we do not want gifts of any form. It's simply a chance to see friends, share photos and laugh and celebrate together.
Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio

Re: Am I too late?

• It's plenty of time. 6-8 weeks is the norm for sending wedding invitations anyway and that would apply to your AHR. But you'll want your RSVP to be at least a week before you need to turn in a headcount so you can call people who didn't respond.
  • Honestly, I think that's a very nice idea for your friends and family who couldn't make the DW

GL
  • That sounds like a lovely idea. One of my BFFs has a DW and since a lot of people were unable to make it she had a party a couple months later for everyone who did not attend and even if people were able to make it then they were still allowed to come. It was nice because nobody felt excluded.

6 weeks is fine, just give yourself a week or so to get a final headcount.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards