Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Tyra show Confession

Ok so I'm home from work today. And I've been sucked into watching the Tyra show. I know it's bad but today I just feel like yelling at the TVCurrently they are talking about these girls that are friends and one is jealous of the other for their breast size, so in real Tyra fashion she padded some girls up and taped some girls down and sent them out to see how the "public" would react to their new "girls" I feel like I just needed to find out I'm not alone in watching obviously bad tv right? And Why do people think this kind of "aww I'm sad cause my b00bs, but, or thighs are the wrong size let's let tyra try to fix it to see if other rpeople like me better Kind of Tv." is really good? 
image.

Re: Tyra show Confession

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When I'm home watching daytime TV, I can't stand any of those shows (Tyra, Dr. Phil, any of the Judge Judy kind of shows). I stick to TLC or one of those home selling/buying channels or Bravo all day. Tyra bugs the shizz out of me. :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Tyra, so crazy and so addictive.  I think those types of shows specifically- ones that deal with body issues- are popular because everyone can relate.  Everyone wishes they could change something about themselves, so watching people AW it out on national television can be sort of cathartic.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so watching people AW it out on national television can be sort of cathartic.wonderful word usagethis show just went WAY out of control. now she is having men try to guess random girls chest size. And one guy said that he thinks if a girl has an A cup in his mind she could have once been a man... This show I just can't stop!
    image.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't stand Tyra.  Seriously, she annoys the crap out of me.  I just saw a clip of her show on the soup or the dish about AF and she was having a girl put on a tampon for the first time on the show.  Um, no.  Not on tv, please. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     And one guy said that he thinks if a girl has an A cup in his mind she could have once been a man... Hmm...maybe I was a man in a past life? Lol, some men are ridiculous, and so are those types of shows. But it's like a trainwreck that you just can't look away from. Confession: I used to watch Maury sometimes, as crazy and bad TV as it is.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Major *yikes* about the A-cup comment and the tampon thing!

Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok the tampon thing is just plain wrong. I thought that woman comparing bodies was bad enough but a tampon is just not right.ooh no. There are back to back Tyra episodes on this afternoon. The next one is 16 year old strippers (and it is legal in Rhode Island)
    image.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to live in Rhode Island :)  There is some legal loophole that allows teens 16 and over to strip as long as they stop working before midnight and submit a work permit!

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I was sitting in the waiting room while getting my car's oil changed when the AF episode was on...it was so uncomfortable!  There were two guys that worked there and me reading...after a few minutes of gross girl talk the one guy says to me "you can change the TV if you want to" LOL, I was merciful and put on ESPN.And seriously, Tyra telling us that our bodies are wonderful just the way they are doesn't hold much weight...with her being a model and all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards