Wedding Invitations & Paper

Multiple Questions

Hello! 

1. My future mother-in-law suggested I put where we are registed on the invi tes so we (she) doesn't get swamped with questions. The wording is pretty formal so I'm not sure where to fit that in...I'm not too fond of the idea... 

2. Should I put the full address on there, or just the name of the Church/Reception venue and the city + state? 

3. What do you put on the rsvp cards? I don't really have dinner options (budget wedding, just having sandwhich platters) and I don't know what else to put on it. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Multiple Questions

• Registry or gift information should NEVER go on wedding invitations. Ever. 

You can put a link to your wedding website on an insert (not the invite itself) and include registry information there. Otherwise, word of mouth is the best route to take. I doubt your FMIL will be swamped with questions - many people google registries now, and even if she does get questions, it shouldn't take long to name the stores you're registered at. Don't do something rude just to appease her :)
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_putting-where-we-are-registered-on-the-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:2eb2dfcf-8830-414e-a75d-701a80d0e94dPost:c94cbf86-19c4-461f-afd3-88554be749cf">Multiple Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello!  1. My future mother-in-law suggested I put where we are registed on the invi tes so we (she) doesn't get swamped with questions. The wording is pretty formal so I'm not sure where to fit that in...I'm not too fond of the idea...  2. Should I put the full address on there, or just the name of the Church/Reception venue and the city + state?  3. What do you put on the rsvp cards? I don't really have dinner options (budget wedding, just having sandwhich platters) and I don't know what else to put on it.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 
    Posted by kaylaveronica[/QUOTE]

Good questions, all!

1.  Thank your FMIL for her suggestion.  Do not include any reference to your registry on the invitations.  She'll have to suck it up and give people the name of one store.  *sigh*
    2.  Unless the reception venue is a private residence, I don't think the full street address is needed, city and state will do.
    3.  Eliminate response cards altogether by including R.S.V.P. on the lower left corner of the invitation.  Guests then reply (usually by writing a short note, but some will send an email or call) on their own.  Response cards are a relatively new addition (25 years) to the wedding stationery suite.

Good luck!
  • 1. If you are having a bridal shower, then the registry information can go in there.

2. I have the address to my location because I have some OOT guests who will need to find it.

3. I just have a place where people check if they are attending, not attending and then a line for total number attending. 
  • Oh, I missed you second and third questions:

You don't need the street address of the church, but if there are multiple churches with the same or similar names, I'd consider including it. 

This is the standard RSVP card wording:

Please reply by the (date)
    M_______
    __number attending
    __declines

No need for anything else :)
  • "Oh, I missed you second and third questions"

I edited it shortly after starting the thread, realizing I'd rather not start three different ones! 

I talked to my FMIL and she's cool w/ not having the registry stuff on there - she just didn't know the etiquette regarding that (and neither did I). 

Thanks for the help guys! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards