Wedding Invitations & Paper

How to address save the dates?

So, from what I've read, formal invitations should always be hand-addressed, whether you do it yourself or hire a calligrapher.  But what about save the dates?  Is it OK to print the addresses on labels or send the envelope through the printer, or should they still be hand-addressed?  Or if one is planning on hiring a calligrapher for the invitation should the calligrapher address the save the dates as well?  

I also wanted your opinion on when my save the dates should go out.  I feel like I've read that they can go anywhere from 6-12 months out.  My wedding is about 13 months away (late August 2012).  It's sort of a destination wedding in that about one-third to one-half will be travelling across the country (Philadelphia to California) for the wedding.  My save the dates are being designed right now, so I think I will probably have them in hand next month.  I was thinking of sending them in November or January, however, I'm afraid I'm going to get antsy and not want to end up waiting that long!

When would you send them?

Photobucket

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards