Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

guest book

So I've decided on a theme for the baby shower: baby blue hockey. Both parents LOVE hockey- and the baby is a boy- and with the Penguins old color, baby blue (they are huge pens fans)- I thought it would be appropriate.But anyway- I figured I could steal some really cute wedding guest book ideas and translate them to baby shower ones.  So- any idea? I've been googling, but all I found is that clothes line one.

Re: guest book

• Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a photo guest book.  I bought a fuji instax camera and had a friend take pics of each couple as they signed the guest book and put their pic next to the the signature
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought a plate from Color Me Mine and everyone signed it. After it is signed, you take it to them, and they will paint a design on it for you, as well as all the signatures! I have not seen mine yet (I procrastinated on taking it) but I think it will be gorgeous! And it is a great keepsake!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the plate idea!  And very cute theme! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if Definately You in Brentwood Towne Center might have some cheap Pens stuff that you could use...maybe even a book that could be used as a guest book?Maybe you could do something like a Pens media guide with guests guessing the baby's "stats" at birth.  Length, weight, eye color, hair color if any etc.  Maybe do a list of "firsts" word, walking age, etc....to look like a player's achievements.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! That Pens Media Guide idea is so cute!  And maybe have little things that the guests would like to 'say  to the baby'  something like that You ladies always have the best and most creative ideas! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think getting a hockey stick as a decoration for the baby's room (up way high, obviously) and having everyone sign it would be cute. Aren't you a photog hobbyist? I think a beautiful signature photo frame of a maternity book or even a photo guest book of maternity pics could be really nice. (The way people do with e-pics). I think it would be cool for the baby to see the photos of his mom pregnant one day.
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At SIL's baby shower, MIL put pens and smaller square pieces of paper on each table.  They were asked to share advice for mommy and notes for the baby (not sure exactly how it was worded).  MIL and I peaked through the cards at the end.  There were some great things written!It works well when they can write while sitting there.  Usually people will take the time and write a lot more.
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going with Sonya's idea, you could send fabric squares in the color of the mom to be's wishes and have them write their well-wishes on the fabric.  Then you can have someone (like your mom) sew them all together and make a baby quilt. 

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going with Sonya's idea, you could send fabric squares in the color of the mom to be's wishes and have them write their well-wishes on the fabric. Then you can have someone (like your mom) sew them all together and make a baby quilt. LOVE this idea!  I used to work with an amazing quilter, and this was always the gift from the office!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what would be written on the fabric swatches? Or would it just be their signitures? And would it be awful if I kept the swatches, quilted them, and then gave it to the couple as a Christmas present? Or should that just be a baby shower- given after the shower- present? [they are so hard to buy for Christmas]
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And would it be awful if I kept the swatches, quilted them, and then gave it to the couple as a Christmas present? Or should that just be a baby shower- given after the shower- present? [they are so hard to buy for Christmas]Only if you do it on the sly then.  :P And I've written all kinds of things on there...welcome to the world!  Your parents are so excited to meet you!  Etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh.. so I would have to keep it a secret? looks like thats out- I can't imagine trying to do that with a bunch of old ladies in a room all facing the future mom.  oh well- I should be wedding plannin instead of quilting anyway
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, you wouldn't have to quilt in front of everyone, but you probably should get it done within a month of the shower and give it as a belated shower gift (since it was shower-related), not a Christmas gift.  I think what KR means is that if you wanted to give it as a Christmas gift, you should probably make sure the bride doesn't know about the cloth squares at the shower.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol- I meant trying to secretly get old ladies to sign fabric without the Mom finding out.  But I like that idea too- secret speed quilting! The quilt is cute- but I need to stop coming up with other things to focus on and start planning this wedding.  ugh.
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whether it's a fabric swatches that are being made into a quilt or cute paper squares that will be put into a photo album / scrapbook, it doesn't have to be kept a secret.  She won't really know what everyone has written until later.  You could let her read them after the shower before you make them into a quilt/book, or you can hold onto them and tell her you'll get them to her soon.  You may not even need to give her an explanation.  She'll be too concerned and excited to get the baby things home to even think about the little cards everyone was writing on.You could either announce or have a little sign on each table asking everyone to share advice with the new mom and notes for the baby.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whether it's a fabric swatches that are being made into a quilt or cute paper squares that will be put into a photo album / scrapbook, it doesn't have to be kept a secret. She won't really know what everyone has written until later. You could let her read them after the shower before you make them into a quilt/book, or you can hold onto them and tell her you'll get them to her soon. You may not even need to give her an explanation. She'll be too concerned and excited to get the baby things home to even think about the little cards everyone was writing on.You could either announce or have a little sign on each table asking everyone to share advice with the new mom and notes for the baby.Just to clarify, I meant keep it a secret if the quilt, book, etc are going to be a Christmas gift.  Because - to me - it is kinda like a shower guest book/gift that you are giving to SIL for Christmas, and it should be part of her shower gift from you and DH, even if it takes you a few months.  JMO!  I did an advice book for a bridal shower - basically a small scrapbook where people wrote advice on little cards for my SIL.  It turned out really nice, I was able to put it together the night of her shower.  She knew that people were writing advice for her.  The only issue was that there were pencils on the table for bridal bingo and then I passed out pens for the scrapbook and people wrote in pencil, which annoyed my OCD side.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards