Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

wording for odd family names

my aunt and uncle are married but each have kept their own names.  they also have two daughters who are invited to the wedding and each one of them has a diff. last name--one girl has her mother's last name, the other has her father's.  how do i word this on the invite???  it is a pretty casual wedding (ie, doubtful that they would know anything about this etiquette) so could i just put "to the blady blah-bloopidy bloop family"?  

or do i have to do:
mrs. firstname lastname
mr. firstname lastname
daugher1 firstname lastname
daughter2 firstname lastname

Re: wording for odd family names

• Options
    Ms. Jane Smith and Mr. John Doe
    Sarah and Elizabeth
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wording-odd-family-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:3af57075-a9b7-4dde-9da1-f8a9bf3b0165Post:5b3b4a86-37a8-4e6c-91c0-0f0fb533c112">Re: wording for odd family names</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Mrs. First Last</strong> Mr. First Last Daughter1 & Daughter2 (no last names) or The Jones-Smith Family if you really wanted to simplify it. II dont' know if the blah-blah family is etiquette approved though. =)
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's Mrs because the aunt kept her own name.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Both the "Mrs." and listing the couple on the same line designate married.  You should actually use "Mrs." (I know, my Mom and I have a double last name, "Mother's Maiden-Father's", but my parents have always been married), but of course it is up to the woman if she wishes to go by Ms. Smith instead of Mrs. Smith than that's her choice.

September 2011 Board - June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Pic of you and FH outside(we're usually in the water when outside)
    Wedding day: 9/10/11!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_wording-odd-family-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:3af57075-a9b7-4dde-9da1-f8a9bf3b0165Post:1c1d88c6-6a33-4518-b34a-51eb3dc88fe9">Re: wording for odd family names</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ms. Jane Smith and Mr. John Doe Sarah and Elizabeth
    Posted by kristinanddan[/QUOTE]

This.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards