Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

epics

STILL haven't got our epics back from that free session. oh well. And I want to send out our STDs asap.Is having a friend do our epics a good idea? Or does anyone know of anyone that would want to do a 'portfolio session' for free?

Re: epics

• Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think having a friend do the epics is a great idea!  We paid for ours from our photographer, and IMO it was a waste of money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Boo for not getting your pictures back. Have you called that photog?! If you have friends  that are good at photography and have a decent camera, that could be a good idea. Otherwise, I would be a little weary of how the pictures would turn out!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boo for not getting your pictures back. Have you called that photog?!Yeah, I'd be calling.  That is not a way to get your business!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a friend take a few pictures of us where we got married (the park). I had looked at some e-pics to see what I liked. My friend did a nice job and has zero experience and no desire to be a photog. She sure does know how to point & click though! lol They turned out better than I expected.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does this photographer know you're a knottie?  Not a good way to attract business!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well, she was free.  I'll shoot her another email to see whats up.  I just want one or two good shots to go on my STDs. Is $100 worth it for epics?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Free or not - she was probably doing it to drum up business, and now she won't get any. How long ago did you have the e-pic session? It seems like she should have gotten them back to you now! For the photogs you are thinking about for the wedding, do any of the packages include e-pics? That is another thought. Or you could do the photobooth route :-P What kind of pictures did you want?

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want cool pictures of us dressed up running around my family's farm... the photobooth is cute, but I want something more formal It was a few weeks ago- I'm going to email her now,and she actually hinted to me that she lurks on here- so I might be posting a warning to her in a minute...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer, I totally agree! I don't think it's worth a couple hundred, but that is up to you.
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or you could do the photobooth route :-P What kind of pictures did you want? I really like these! I love the ones where they say "Save The Date" and they people are holding the cards going through the pictures.  But you could easily mimic these  just as well! I'll totally take pictures for you (possibly after the wedding - but before the honeymoon) and I can't guarantee they would be awesome but I'll definitely volunteer for the job! You won't hurt my feelings if you don't like them!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have a friend who you think takes decent pics I'd go that route. IMO e-pics are not worth extra $. $100 doesn't sound bad, but that lady definitely does not deserve your business. I've seen many of my friends e-pics lately (taken by friends, family, etc.) and they look just as great! Not that I want to be a professional photog, but I looove taking pics, and took lots of cool pics when studying abroad (different angles, lighting, etc...this is what happens I guess when you're taking them constantly!) If I was in the area, I'd love to take them for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I was in Pittsburgh, I would absolutely do your epics for free! :)I have done several epic sessions for people and they all turned out great, so I think having a friend do them is just fine. Or look on Craigslist for an up and coming photog. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the photo booth idea- but FI's cousin did it, so thats another reason we can't (maybe thats just me being weird...) Jenn- sold! I wanted to do it next Saturday, but you will be on your honeymoon.  Kim- you coming to Pittsburgh anytime soon?  Anyone else available the morning of the 26th?  If not- Jenn- would you seriously do them for us? The photog we are thinking of going with (Laurel Mountain) will do them for $150, and I asked her to give us a deal if we didn't get prints- now its $100, and then I asked her what it would be if we got a better package- still $100, so- I'm thinking a friend is the route we're going to go. Oh- and I just emailed Big Day... it was kinda mean, but you ladies are right- its been over a month!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh. The free e-pics session was from Big Day?I had a really bad experience with them, so definitely take a different option! I am actually amazed they are still in business.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, I will really do them for you! I think it would be a blast.  Plus, I'm sure you would be more comfortable in front of me with a camera than a stranger - duh! haha. If no one else if available, we could do it Saturday, Oct. 10th.  Are you still sending STDs with Christmas cards or are you doing them earlier? When did you want to send them out by?

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Jen, not a big fan of Big Day at all. I will admit that I take up to three weeks to send epics back, but the couple gets high res CD's with all images edited and gets between 350-450 photos at a minimum. And I always state up front that it will be 3 weeks. And, hey, I don't charge, so too bad if it takes me awhile! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont want to send them with Christmas cards- I'm afraid they would get lost in the shuffle.  I was hoping to get them out early in November... yeah- Big Day sucks- I'm finding that out. N- you around? Can I have the contact info for your photog?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Graham is pretty good at taking pictures.  Of course, I'd have to ask him first, but I think we could be up for running around the farm and maybe having a picnic there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Picnic at the farm! Could he do it the morning of the 26th? if so- sold! And you could bring your wedding dress and I could take pics of you as a mini TTD session! Would you mind asking him? if he can, sorry jen- how bout I come on your HM with you and we can take pics then?  lol
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked many things through Big Day that did not suck.  :)  Not my photog though.We got our DJ and tuxes there and they were both fab!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, can we both go on Jenn's honeymoon and Graham and I will take pics of both couples?! I'll ask him if he's available and interested!  (I love how I volunteer him for everything...)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had my sister take some pics of us in a local park, then I played around in Photoshop to make them look better.  They worked fine for what we needed them for.  (Engagement notice to newspaper, MIL had us super-imposed onto my shower cake.  I should post a picture of that sometime...)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    KR - Glad you had a good experience! Their tux place was actually helpful, and I hope the DJ was good! I had a bad experience with the photog section :-P

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, yea unfortunately I won't get back til probably Thanksgiving. *sigh* But it sounds like you have lots of other willing photogs! :-) I think an epics session along with TTD would be so much fun!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, I just had to stick up for the rest of the businesses there!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got an email back from Big Day- they are putting our pictures up today! yay!  Although they seemed kinda pissed about it... oh well.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think you should still do the second photo shoot with Jenn and/or Graham, and use those photos! :-P Just my two cents :-P

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah- I def want to do another shoot with friends. The first one was a disaster. I'm sure the pictures will reflect that as well. It really wasn't what I wanted at all...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you have the pictures taken?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    next to a dead fish somewhere in a park in Monroeville. and everyone told me to just not wear black or white- yeah, I wore a black shirt with white stripes. It was a diasaster. I can't wait to see the pics, its going to be hilarious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards