Wedding Invitations & Paper

menu selections on response card

My venue allows us to choose two menu selections and we're going with beef and chicken. They are also willing to accommodate any special dietary needs (vegetarian, vegan, etc.). Should I list beef, chicken and vegetarian on my response card - though it's not technically one of the selections - or keep it to beef and chicken and personally contact anyone I'm inviting who I know will need a special meal? 
My Blog: onewaytothebay.wordpress.com

Re: menu selections on response card

• I'd put - please initial each guest's menu choice.
  • We decided to add the vegetarian option, even though it's not a real menu choice just because I have 3 friends that I can think of that are vegetarians. And I would definitely put to please initial your choice...
    This is our card.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_menu-selections-on-response-card?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:3f72b32c-7872-4318-8836-9adcaa5eed3fPost:feb7f3cf-7b2b-4d00-a507-d0bf1f7815d0">Re: menu selections on response card</a>:
    [QUOTE]We decided to add the vegetarian option, even though it's not a real menu choice just because I have 3 friends that I can think of that are vegetarians. And I would definitely put to please initial your choice... This is our card.
    Posted by manjermj[/QUOTE]

I like this option.  Not everyone who prefers a vegetarian meal is necessarily a vegetarian.  It's also clearer who wants which meal.  The caveat is that your guests need to actually return the card properly filled out...be prepared to receive back some that don't!
  • To what extent are the willing to accomodate? Are they going to give an upcharge if there is a great number of vegetarian options chosen? If NOT, then go with listing all three choices (add a line regarding dietary restrictions to contact you). If they WILL charge extra (who knows!) then list the two with the line regarding restrictions.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Can you call your venue and ask, how they think it should be handled? They might actually tell you they prefer to know up front

I think "how you are paying for it" might matter too? Is it cheapr, or more expensive at all? You might want to consider that when deciding to put it on as well.
  • I have a similar problem.  We are offering a dual plate - which means everyone gets chicken and filet.  I know there are a few vegetarians that will be at the wedding but i don't necessarily want to advertise the vegetarian option because than we could have a number of people selecting that.  what are your thoughts on how to handle that?
  • It would be nice to include a description of the entrees, too.  For example, Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce, so people who don't like certain ingredients can choose a different entree.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards