Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

AW - RSVPs have started to come in!

I haven't been posting too much lately, due to a horribly busy schedule. But I had to share my excitement. We mailed our invites out on Monday and today, I came home to 10 RSVP envelopes waiting for me! FI and I had so much fun opening them. It was doubly sweet for me: We had a wager on who's 'side' sent an RSVP back first. Since the first one we opened was from my family, he owes me dinner at our fave mexican place! :) So far: 21 attendees & 2 declined.YAY!

Re: AW - RSVPs have started to come in!

• Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay! exciting

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WooHoo for RSVPs and winning the bet!Are you hoping that everyone says yes -- or do you have your fingers crossed for some nos?My daughter's RSVP deadline was yesterday - as of today, we only have 5 cards that weren't returned for a total of 9 adults and 8 kids.
  • Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morainemom - We're fine with whatever happens with the yes/no ratio. My parents are fine with it and they are paying for the reception, so I can't complain. The only reason I'm kind of hoping for some no replies is that I know we won't be able to spend much time with all of our guests. So, we'll see. It is what it is. Your daughter's number of MIA replies isn't so bad! I'm hoping for numbers like that at the end. :)
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emily,I have to admit to doing the Happy Dance when we did get some nos.  My husband and I are paying for the reception.  We had budgeted for the entire number of people we invited - but I'm happy that there will be around thirty-some nos.From what I've read on the boards, only 5 cards not returned it really, really good.  And we're pretty sure these people won't be coming, we just have to track them down and make sure.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love the idea of a bet....perhaps I can talk DF into agreeing! 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    morainemom - I can understand that - coming in under budget would be GREAT! The 5 missing RSVPs is seriously amazing. brivb10 - It was so funny! He was sooooooo sure he'd win. I can't wait to collect my prize. haha. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that was such an exciting feeling! congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY for returned RSVP's!  that is so exciting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! That always makes it feel like it's getting close.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emily - I tried to talk him into it, he said no way since he was sure my side would RSVP first....boo.   I'm going to  have to get a free mexican meal out of him someother way!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jms173jms173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting!! =)
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!  Hope they continue to roll in!And your little wager is too cute.  :)
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo, that's really exciting!  I hope the RSVP process is nice and easy and everyone gets back to you before your deadline :)Pam, only 5 outstanding RSVPs must be some kind of record!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards