Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Gateway Clipper

Thanks so much for all of your help with my other post :) We are going to look at the Gateway Clipper (Princess) this weekend, but I don't want to get my hopes up because my fiance is very concerned about having to seat people on the upper level. (something like 96 fit on the bottom, 94 on the top, we expect maybe 150ish) I'm not overly concerned because I think the unique experience factor will outweigh that. I am concerned about the food (don't remember it being that great during college dances). Has anyone had/been to a wedding on the Clipper??

Re: Gateway Clipper

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karen is having her wedding reception on there next month. (One month from today!)I know that she is moving and hasn't been online for about a week.
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to work there several years back and their food has always been pretty good!  I've never been to a wedding but while working there, I've seen many!  GL  and page KBielak17 (like the PP, she moving this week), she's having her wedding there in exactly one month today!IMI, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the GCF!GL
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there last year and from what I remember the food was pretty good. nothing to complain about anyway.
    image.
  • Options
    AmandaH81AmandaH81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. Did you sit on the 2nd floor? That is my FI's concern, and why I don't think he wants us to book there :(
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I did sit on the second level it didn't really bother me. I actually had so much fun during that wedding. WAY more fun then I figured I would I guessed I fugured it was going to be the same ol wedding just stuck on a boat but the atmosphere was so different it made it very very fun.
    image.
  • Options
    AmandaH81AmandaH81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope you don't mind if I cut and paste that to an email to my FI, and sway him to see it my way!! :):)
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Cut and Paste away :) I was grilling my FI last night while talking about this post and he too said that he really enjoyed the wedding. That the second level didn't bother him. He thought it was nice since neither one of us were in the wedding party it was nice to kind of sit away from it all and enjoy dinner yet still be really involved in the rest of the party.
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,  I have not been on the boards in a long time, but happen to log on today and saw your post. Anyways, I am getting married on the Gateway Clipper Majestic on May 30. So far they have been great to work with, very easy and stress free! As for the seating, we will have people up stairs and down as well, but the center is open so people will still be able to see whats going on. Also they set up your food (buffett or stations if you choose) on both levels so guests done have to walk downstairs to get food. We are having out tasting in Nov and I can let you know how the food is. I have been to some events recently though (not a wedding) and the food was very good. Everyone that we have talked to about it and our families who have seen the boat are all very excited for how different and unique it is, especially those we have from out of town (which is half!) what a great way to show off the city!! OK, hope that helps, good luck and feel free to let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards