Wedding Invitations & Paper

Forgot to add the postage for the return cards...invitations are already sealed

I can't believe I made this mistake, but I guess burning the candle at both ends leads to things like this. I bought stamps for the return envelopes but totally forgot to put them on before sealing the outer envelope.

My FI tried to steam them open but to no avail without screwing up the outer envelope.

Any ideas as to how to handle this? They really need to be mailed tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Re: Forgot to add the postage for the return cards...invitations are already sealed

• Eek. It's too bad the steaming doesn't work.

What about sending them the postage in a seperate envelope with a little note?  It's more costly and time consuming for you...but then at least you'd be providing it?
  • I think you'll just have to let it be.... it stinks but I feel like I've received plenty of invites before that didn't have return postage.  Save the stamps for your thank you's down the line!
  • I've heard of people putting a stamp in with their favors as a sort of "hah hah, sorry about that" kind of statement.

I would just not worry about it, and for people you see regularly you could tell them what happened and hand them a stamp.  I definitely would not be mailing out single stamps to people.
    Married 10/2/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_forgot-add-postage-return-cardsinvitations-already-sealed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:437933b7-f208-4b34-a936-14a83fecc455Post:8cecef58-06f8-4eaa-824d-5600ebda4019">Re: Forgot to add the postage for the return cards...invitations are already sealed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you'll just have to let it be.... it stinks but I feel like I've received plenty of invites before that didn't have return postage.  Save the stamps for your thank you's down the line!
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.
  • Thanks to everyone who responded...it is much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards