Wedding Invitations & Paper

Fiance dad dilemma and diy invitations

I am making my own invites and would like to get started on putting them together.  BUT there is a problem that my man and I have to think about.  His dad is really old and was just put into a nursing home and has been sick this year more times than I can remember.  Realistically thinking, he may or maynot be around for our wedding.  I REALLY hope he is there, it would mean a lot to my future husband and myself.  My invitations are both of our parents inviting people to our ceremony and reception.  I know the deceased cannot invite people but would it be horrible to take that chance and start working on my invitations early next year?  The wedding is in August  next year.  I'm not in search of the etiquette way to do it, because  no matter what his name will be on the invites somehow.  Please let me know your thoughts - I feel horrible having to think about this, but I have to be realistic to the possibility.  I would like to just leave my invites....your thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fiance dad dilemma and diy invitations

• I would hold off on printing, but have 2 versions of the invite. I'm so terribly sorry about your FFIL. Hugs and Prayers dear!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ditto PP. You can create the lay out now but realistically you don't have to worry about printing to till May or June.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_fiance-dad-dilemma-diy-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:455be8c7-3e9d-4bc5-b7d4-b8190a197719Post:60470394-8aa8-4c04-9364-631bd3093e94">Re: Fiance dad dilemma and diy invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would hold off on printing, but have 2 versions of the invite. I'm so terribly sorry about your FFIL. Hugs and Prayers dear!
    Posted by HeatherMKR[/QUOTE]

<div>This. And I'm sorry to hear that he is in such poor health.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • renaelockrenaelock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies guys.  I would love to hold off - and I am going to do my homework to see the cost of printing the invites as I'd like - but my problem is I plan on hole punching the invites on the top to give a garland affect and then put colored paper behind the invite paper for the color to show through and then glue a back on each invite.  I'm hoping it won't be terribly time consuming but I really don't want to wait until the last minute to do it because I am trying to avoid added stress.  I'm going to need around 200 invites.  Maybe I am thinking too hard.  I was hoping the hole punching (printing in black and white only) would give the color I want and save me money.  So if I were to print the invites the hole punched part would be printing on the invite instead to give the color.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When my cousin got married, her H's mom had passed away after the invitations were ordered so her name was already on it and it was out of budget to reprint them all so they included a paper in the invite mentioning of the passing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards