Wedding Invitations & Paper

Cocktail Reception card?

Hi I was wondering if anyone included anything more that a line stating that the reception would be cocktail style with their invites. I am having a pasta station with passed hor dourves and am still letting everyone know the meal is cocktail style. Any imput on invite inclusions?

Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Cocktail Reception card?

• If it's enough to encompass a full meal, which is how I'm reading this (and how it should be if the reception is during a meal time), then you don't need to say anything other than reception to follow.
    Lizzie
  • Cocktail reception as in I am not having a multi course plated dinner. I have have 5 passed hor' dourves and a plate your own pasta station as it is what I can afford. People will most likely fill up on what is being offered but I don't want people to get the wrong idea. My ceremony is at 3:30 so the reception will start immediatly after and run until 9.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_cocktail-reception-card?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:4f84cdb1-7db3-4270-91b2-c9e81d2dd796Post:70fd908e-edab-42b6-9bf3-0b9cf57ad339">Re: Cocktail Reception card?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cocktail reception as in I am not having a multi course plated dinner. I have have 5 passed hor' dourves and a plate your own pasta station as it is what I can afford. <strong>People will most likely fill up on what is being offered</strong> but I don't want people to get the wrong idea. My ceremony is at 3:30 so the reception will start immediatly after and run until 9.
    Posted by xlqueenielx[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd make sure you have enough food so that people WILL fill up on what you're offering. What foods are being passed? Maybe sure they're substantial enough to constitute dinner.</div><div>
    </div><div>Otherwise, this is a pretty common style of reception now a days, so just say "Reception to follow". If you want to include a menu on your wedding website, that'd be fine, but no mention of food on the invites.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards