Wedding Invitations & Paper

Program design cost

Can't seem to find an example of this online, so hoping y'all can help.

My brother is a graphic designer - just freelance right now since it's hard to get work where he lives, so he has a different and unrelated day job.  But he's still a pro designer.

He kindly offered to use his expertise to design our wedding programs (I did my own invites through Vistaprint, so he's just doing the programs).  I still have to pay to have them printed somewhere (probably FedEx Copy&Print or somewhere similarly generic), but he's doing the design work for free.

Since my brother is pretty much a starving artist, we'd still like to give him money for his design - sort of a nice surprise for him since he's not expecting anything.  Budget is not an issue - we didn't tap his talent to save cost, we did it because he offered his services as a nice present to us and he can probably add this design to his portfolio, etc.

How much would a design like this typically cost?  All I can find online are places that design AND print invites - so the price you pay also includes the price for the paper, envelopes, printing, etc.  I need a way to separate the cost of the design from the actual printing costs.

Anyone have any experience with this?  $100?  $200?  What does professional design work go for these days?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards