Wedding Invitations & Paper

Oh no!

My Fi and I put together our own invites from scratch.  They are lovely, all sealed in envelopes with the stamps on them... then we discovered that we did not give any information about the cocktail hour and reception in the invite! All other information is there including hotel arrangements etc.  We feel stupid yet happy we didn't send them out yet.  Anyone have a quick fix besides redoing them?  I hand wrote all the addresses and everything!

Re: Oh no!

• I think you should redo them. People won't know that there will be a reception following the ceremony.
  • pop one in the freezer for a bit -- sometimes it helps to break the seal.

but like LTB said, if your wedding and reception are at the same site, I wouldn't worry about it!
    planning

• If you are going to have a program, you could include on the last page the directions and information for the cocktail hour and reception.  Then guests that come to the ceremony, have it right in their hand.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5b17fde1-c087-4466-b99a-bd92de59c481Post:7935f8ce-9231-4dc9-834e-717f65335975">Re: Oh no!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are going to have a program, you could include on the last page the directions and information for the cocktail hour and reception.  Then guests that come to the ceremony, have it right in their hand.
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]
    Good idea, but sometimes people do not attend the ceremony and only attend the reception.  I'd say if the reception is in a different place than the ceremony that it would be worth it to include that info in your invites.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    You have my sympathy.  I had to redo all of my envelopes because I forgot to add the card with the transportation information and the RSVP card to know who would or would not be using it.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards