Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Guests "plus one" wording

Is there a guideline on how to put plus ones on the invite?

I have some cousins and friends that are dating people, but I don't know if they will still be with that person by the time my wedding comes. A few I am for sure putting their names, but what about the ones that have dated the person for a few months? Is it rude to put "and guest" if they have been together 6+ months? By the time my wedding comes around they could have been together over a year.

Also, if I do put a name on the invite, does my guest HAVE to bring that person? One of my friends' boyfriends (they have been together for 5 years) travels a lot for work. I want him to come so I want to put his name on the invite. But if he can't come I want her to be able to bring someone else. Is that taboo on her part or should I let her know it's ok?

Thanks guys. Sorry for the long post!

Re: Guests "plus one" wording

• Options
    Thank you everyone! Everything you said was what I was thinking, but wanted some "expert" advice before upsetting anybody! And I still have some time before I send out the STDs, I just wanted to get all ?s out of the way so it's smooth sailing once I start. I'm sure I'll have some more along the way!!

Thanks again! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards