Wedding Invitations & Paper

The Back of a Save the Date Postcard

Did anyone else do or plan to do postcards for their Save the Date? There is a space on the back of it for a message and I'm at a loss. Do I even need to put a message on the back?

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio

Re: The Back of a Save the Date Postcard

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    2500 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited August 2010
    Our Save the Date postcard was custom-designed.  On the left side of the back is the pre-printed text of the Save the Date announcement.  On the right side is the place to hand write the name and address of the invitee.

Here's the text:

He proposed ... she said "Yes!"
    Tom & Lisa
    will tie the knot
    July 3, 2011
    City, State 

Formal invitation to follow
  • Here's what ours looked like.

The front:

I can't find a picture of the final draft of the back, but this gives you the general idea... just don't put the "registry info" thing on there!  This was a very early draft.  LOL
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    2500 Comments 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited August 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_back-of-save-date-postcard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5d24e187-bafd-47ac-a8c9-64959eb30c2ePost:55af67ba-f2d2-425e-b97a-9108ee260142">Re: The Back of a Save the Date Postcard</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lisa50, I LOVE it!  Thanks!
    Posted by CMGr[/QUOTE]

You're welcome!  If you send a PM with your email address, I am happy to send a PDF file of the final. 
  • in addition to what lisa put we also listed our wedding website....

due to getting married in green bay and a possible conflict with the packers being in town we wanted to alert guests to that....
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • We put closest airports and hotel block info on the back. We only sent them to OOT guests for planning purposes:

my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards