Wedding Invitations & Paper

Per Person Wedding Invitations

My fiancée and I want to only invite people that we know to our wedding, no one extra since we are on a budget. We decided to do individual invitations per person we know, 230 people total.

How would we possibly word these invitations letting the person we hand the invitation to know that they are invited without a guest?
PS, we will invite their guest based on if we know them, we are choosing not to invite people we don’t know because of our budget.
Thx.

Re: Per Person Wedding Invitations

• I expect that but I'm talking more on the lines for single people not people in relationships or married. Thank you
  • If the person is single, you address the invitation to the single person only.  You don't put "& guest" on the envelope.  

If they try to RSVP with an extra guest, you call and explain that they weren't invited to bring along a friend.  In that conversation, if it comes up that they are in a relationship with someone, you make the exception.  If it was just a date, you don't.  

It doesn't matter if you know the bf/gf or not.  What matters is if the couple considers themselves a couple.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_per-person-wedding-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:608e678a-e78a-48d5-9d99-459116054696Post:81901bea-cb7d-4188-af83-58474debbf31">Per Person Wedding Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiancée and I want to only invite people that we know to our wedding, no one extra since we are on a budget. We decided to do individual invitations per person we know, 230 people total.<strong> How would we possibly word these invitations letting the person we hand the invitation to know that they are invited without a guest?</strong> PS, we will invite their guest based on if we know them, we are choosing not to invite people we don’t know because of our budget. Thx.
    Posted by Mook&Clo4202013[/QUOTE]

I hope you're not really planning on hand delivering invites.  Just don't put and guest on the envelope.  If the rsvp with one call and politely explain that you can't accommodate guests.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Nooooo, not hand delivering, was typing fast. I meant the one who gets the invite how would we address it. I like the idea of just putting the one persons name on the invite and not guest so they will know its for one person. Thx.

• So if there is a married couple do both people get their own inviation?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Both people get an invitation. I am speaking of single people who are not in a relationship. @CMGr, No one is being rude here. We don't want random people we don't know or people who will cause problems such as friends of friends who are invited, someone even threatened to bring my fiancee's ex girlfriend as their date, we don't want that.
  • If they're married or living together they should get 1 invitation per couple.

Lizzie
  • Just write out each person's name on the inner envelope who is invited. I have also seen some people who put "__ seats have been reserved in your honor" and fill in the # of people the invite was intended for

Sending a separate invitation for each person (two invites for one couple) is not going to help your budget, you will be paying for almost double the number of invitations, double the postage, double the time to assemble them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards