Wedding Invitations & Paper

Reply by - what date?

What date are you putting on your RSVPs?
My wedding is two provinces away.
I want to make sure to give myself enough time to call those who haven't replied.
I was thinking June 5th? (my wedding's on June 26th).
Thank you!

Re: Reply by - what date?

• I too am asking for RSVP's 3 weeks out from the wedding.  I need to get final numbers to the restaurant that we are having our reception at 2 weeks out, so that allows me a week to make all the phone calls to check if those whom didn't respond will be attending.

HTH

Rae
  • Generally, two weeks before your venue needs a final head count is a good #.
  • 2nd the 2 weeks, gives you a bit more time to track down people too
  • I gave myself a week and a half from when they need the head count, but we have fewer than 50 invited guests.  For a larger guest list, I think a full two weeks should be sufficient.  If you have a large number of people to track down, perhaps you can divide it up between you and your FI.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • It definitely just depends on when your venue/caterer needs a final head count. Give yourself at least a week, if not more, before they need their count to catch everyone.

We didn't have to have a hard count, so mine was two weeks before the wedding.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Mine was about 10 days before the venue needed final numbers, which was the Wed. before the Saturday wedding.
  • No more than 4 weeks before the wedding, regardless.  The closer to the wedding, the better.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards