Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Random Photography Questions

We received a big book of proofs.  Is this typically returned to the photographer?  I couldn't figure it out from the paperwork that came with it.  I'll ask her, but I was wondering if most people get to keep theirs.Also, what size coffee table book and/or traditional album did you order?She has us down for a 20 pg. coffee table book and 24 pg. traditional album, which is the smallest they offer of each.  I was wondering if it may be better to get one larger album.

Re: Random Photography Questions

• Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're keeping our proof book, but it's part of our package (once I get around to ordering it).  And I got a 20 page album with my package.  If I had the cholce between a smaller coffee table book and traditional album, or one larger traditional album, I'd go with the one larger album.
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I've been kind of excited about the coffee table book because it's something we can always leave out.  It just seems tough to fit that many pictures onto 20 pgs.If we keep the proofs, I feel like it won't matter that much about the albums since we have all of the pictures printed out in a binder already anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got to keep our proof book. It was part of the package. I love coffe table books but I would probably want the larger album. We had the option of getting a coffee table book, but I just made one on MyPublisher rather than paying the extra $500 he wanted to charge for it.
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you'd leave the coffee table book out, then definately keep it!  I never got one because I know I wouldn't leave it sitting out.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need to check out MyPublisher.  I would love to make albums for our parents.  What's an approximate price of an album?  We don't get the digital copies of our pictures until we return the order form for our albums, though. Boo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No clue about the proofs, we had online proofs, which we now own the rights to. I think we ordered the 24 page traditional album, and my IL's, mom and gramma all ordered a coffee table book. Can you get something larger than the 24 page album? You can always use iPhoto or blurb.com to make your own coffee table albums if you choose.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you think the 24 pg album was big enough?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I made albums for our parents using mypublisher.  They came to around $60 each, we got the leather cover so they were a bit more.  I wish I would have added more full page photos because they came out so great.  My plan is to make a book for ourselves as big as I can and with all full page photos.  I also want to have 300 of the pics printed to go in a nice photo album that I bought.  Our package only came with the digital photos, no albums.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure I got a coupon in my email for bogo albums from my publisher.  Let me know if you want me to forward it to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have my album yet - I procrastinated on selecting the pictures we wanted for the album. Dana showed me some samples of the albums though, so I would have an idea of what it would look like. I think it will definitely be big enough. It was hard to select pictures, but I trust Dana to design the album and  fit in all the right pictures. Does your photog have any samples to show you?

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Angela, if it doesn't expire, that would be great!  That's such a good price.
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, it expires in 2 days so I guess that won't work!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's ok.  Thanks for offering.  I'll ask around once we get our digital pics.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Publisher offers coupons pretty frequently, so no worries there.  Ours were around $60 - but keep in mind the BOGO is for the exact same album.  So if you are making one for each parents, you might want different pictures in it.  We ended up doing a % off coupon for my parents and then a BOGO for DH's - I think MIL gave one to his great-aunt.  We still haven't made ours yet, but I don't have a coffee table, so right now it would just sit on a bookshelf somewhere.  :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the info. Very helpful.  Still having a hard time deciding what album size would be good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The one for our parents was maybe 10x12 and they were around ~40 pages (sides of pages, so 20 pieces of paper total.)  I thought it was a nice size for them, it will fit on a shelf well.  For our own, I'm going to make an 11x16 or whatever the biggest size is.Our coffee table is in two parts and it has wheels, which is really great and convenient.  We have so many coffee table books though, that the table pieces are getting too heavy to move around!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We kept a proof book as part of our package. Also - we got a coffee table book, which I absolutely LOVE! It's I think 15 full 2-page spreads (so 30 pages).
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, we keep the proof album!  Can I scan one of them to upload, or is that against the rules?  We'll be receiving a digital disc, I'm just havnig a hard time waiting that long!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards