Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

centerpiece help...

So I have tall cylinder vases.  I wanted to submerge calla lilies in them and put a candle on top (like Ashley did) but calla lilies are expensive... or maybe I'm cheap.  Regardless I don't want to spend $2 on one flower when I need so many of them.  Does anyone have any ideas where to either buy cheap calla lilies (fake of course) or what other flower I could use (I want a white flower)?  Maybe I shouldn't use a flower at all?  What else could I use?  Sorry for all the questions!  TIA.

Re: centerpiece help...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kwynn had silk callas, I think, in her bouquet. Her bio has all the vendors.
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.save-on-crafts.com has very nice silk/fake flowers.Did you check at Michaels?If you are wanting to go with real lilies - did you price them out at Costco or Sam's Club.  I know that they sell them in bulk.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the flowers don't work out, maybe you could use some type of fruit or veg? I've seen citrus fruits in vases often (either cut in half or whole), but since that wouldn't work with your colors, maybe some other fruit or veg? I'm totally blanking out on what your colors are, I just know they aren't yellow or green!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks N... I'm stalking her bio as we speak :)Pam... save on crafts prices were about the same as Michael's. I know Michael's puts calla lilies on sale fo 99 cents at some point but I don't know when... probably after my wedding... grrr.Dori, colors are black with silver and fuschia accents.Thank you ladies!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, that's right! Fuschia is tough then for fruits/vegs (obviously). What about using the Michael's coupons each week? You could just buy one or two each week with their coupons, which are usually 40-50% off of regular priced items.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was just in a wedding where the bride did cylinder vases and submerged fake white & fuschia orchids....then did a candle on top.  They looked amazing!  Maybe I can see if she would sell them to you if you would be interested in them.  The orchids I mean.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    tattgirl- definitely let me know if she'd be willing to sell them! Maybe a pic too?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sure thing!  I just texted her..sometimes it takes a few days for her to get back.  I will try to find a pic in the meantime :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards