Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

I've been MIA...

Hey ladies...sorry I was MIA all last week. My FIL passed away Sept 19, so we were out of commission all last week (I didn't go to work at all-viewing/funeral were Wed/Thurs). His esophageal cancer (diagnosed in July) spread like wildfire through his body (bones, lungs, hips, lymph nodes) and he broke his femur the day before he passed. They were prepping him for surgery when he left us. Ironically, DH, his bro and their mom had just chosen a cemetery plot when they got the phone call.It was THE hardest week of our relationship, in the nine years we've been together. DH copes with these things way differently than me: he's been pushing me away since it happened and spending tons of time with his friends. I ended up barely sleeping or eating all week. Back at work today, but so exhausted still. Hoping to get back to normalcy and continue the healing process soon.Just figured I'd let you all know, since I had asked for vibes when FIL was first diagnosed.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I've been MIA...

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry.  Wow - that was really a fast spreading cancer.  {{hugs}}  My brother is the same way as your DH with his emotions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dori, I'm so sorry to hear this.  Many thoughts and prayers to you and your family.  And best for you and DH--vibes that he'll be ready to let you back in soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Continues vibes and prayers for you. If you need anything, you know where to find me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take it easy today, I hope getting back to a familiar routine gives you some peace.  I will be thinking of you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry. Vibes and prayers for this difficult time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dori - I'm so sorry to hear this.  You, your DH and his family are in my thoughts.  Many vibes to all of you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dori, I'm so sorry to hear this.  If you need anything let me know.  Many vibes to you and DH!!!
  • Options
    LisaS1010LisaS1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear this Dori.  Many vibes to you and your family. 
    Lisa and Karl - 10/16/2010
    Photobucket
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was actually thinking about you last week and wondering where you were.  It's  not the same without you around.  I'm so sorry to hear about the extremely difficult past week you've had.  It's so sad that your FILs disease all happened so quickly.  Stay strong.  It's so tough to have your DH pushing you away, but he will come to the point where he is able to accept your support and deal with things better.  He's so lucky to have you there.  Wishing you, your DH and his family all the strength and comfort to get through this agonizing time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so so sorry Dori :-( Hope you are able to start sleeping and eating again, and that you and DH start to get things back on track. Many thoughts and prayers as you and DH continue to heal. May your FIL live on in memory.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry for your loss. Many vibes and prayers of comfort and strength your way, and for you and DH's relationship as well.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! Your support is so appreciated.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmilyBerdellEmilyBerdell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A little late to this, but I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. Many thoughts and prayers to you, DH and your families during this difficult time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your DH and his family.
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this.  Prayers and vibes for you, FI, and his family during this difficult time.  Your FI is lucky to have your strength and support right now, and I'm sure he knows it and appreciates it even if he isn't showing it right now.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very sorry for your loss! You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Sending strength vibes to you both in this difficult time!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry Dori, I missed "seeing" you last week.  I can't imagine how hard it must be for this to happen so suddenly.  My prayers are with your family.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about this.  You and DH and his family are in my prayers. Also, I know how tough it can be because of how people grieve differently, we just went through the same thing last year-it took about a month but things returned to normal, so hang in there!  Many vibes to you all....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dori, I'm so very sorry!  I remember when you told us about the diagnosis, I can't believe it spread that quickly. 
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <3 D!  and EAT!  I have lasagna at my house, you know where to find me :)

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dori I am so sorry. I wondered where you were last week. Your in my thoughts. Please let me know if you need anything.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    charleybearcharleybear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dori, I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you as you both go through this very tough time.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, all!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry for your DH and his family's loss. Thanks for the update though.
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear this, Dori.  Hugs, thoughts and prayers to you and DH and the whole family. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards