Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

AW- house inspection

So we had the inspection lastnight instead of tonight. FI was with the inspector for like 3 hours but he said everything looks good, just a few small electrical things which FI can fix quickly but the foundation is good. So the next big thing will be the FHA inspection....we tried to get a conventional loan but for some reason couldn't so we gotta settle with what we got. So things are moving fwd =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: AW- house inspection

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Woo Hoo!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear things are moving along. I pretty much know nothing about the home buying process, so I will definitely have to read up when the time comes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's great!  FHA is the way to go for sure.  Interest rates are MUCH better!   It is a bit harder to pass an FHA inspection but if there are things that need fixed you can always ask the seller to pay or possibly split the costs :) My fiance and I sell real estate and honestly we haven't come across many FHA homes that don't need some sort of small item fixed.  So don't freak out ;)  It can always be changed and at this point in the game the sellers probably just want to be done!  Good luck!
  • Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya that's what our reactor said....however, since the owners are older and can't fix the stuff we gotta do it ourselves. Prob mainly paint issues

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah- def paint issues.  Our house looked fine, but there was a little bit of paint chipping on these decorative ball things outisde that house. Because of that- they had to repaint everything outside. We had to pay half- boo. But good luck with everything- major FHA vibes!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Luck!  :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We know of a few definite things but we shall see. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great!  Good luck with the next steps!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!!
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker