Wedding Invitations & Paper

Did anyone tie their invitations with baker's twine before sending?

I'm wondering if sending them went ok. It would make the surface uneven, and I don't know how happy the postal service would be. Any experiences?

Here's an inspiration pic (minus the tag):

Re: Did anyone tie their invitations with baker's twine before sending?

• You could have them hand-cancelled at the post office for an additional (I think $0.17, but I am not sure) fee and then they wouldn't get ruined.  The guy there doing it won't be happy, but I'm sure you aren't always happy at work either. :)

Final Siggy Challenge: Favorite photo with FI
    At the Apple Orchard
  • Good to know! I'm worried about pissing off peope at the post office (we're also using mostly vintage stamps, so I know they have to cancel them a few times). I'll make sure to go when it's slow.
  • It's going to raise the price of your postage a good bit.  Try one with and without and take them to the post office and figure out the price difference.
  • Good call, navy.
  • Having them hand-cancelled shouldn't cost anything (I have to have it done all the time for work) but it DOES mean they're going to be a lot more picky about weight and size - the machines have a greater tolerance range than an individual human being.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards