Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Parents' gifts

Probably the biggest thing I have left to do is buy thank you gifts for my parents and FMIL. I have been searching for months and just can't come up with any ideas and now I am down to the wire :(Any ideas on either specific gift ideas or stores to look in would be greatly appreciated!

Vacation

Re: Parents' gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our parents (three sets of them) loved the digital photo frames that we gave them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are buying our parents each an engraved photo frame that has one side for the wedding invitation and one side for a photo.  We aren't going to give them until we get the photos back.  They look really nice and are very reasonable.  Bed Bath and Beyond have them on their website :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did engraved frames for all of them.  Also - we got my mom a really good bottle of wine, and my dad a bunch of good cigars.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got both sets of parents engraved picture frames from Things Remembered. We engraved them with "Family" and our wedding date. I wanted to give them something that wasn't all about us, hence the "family" engraving, so that they can put a pic of all of us in it. I'm also going to make albums for them, but not sure when I'll get that done. Sorry, I guess that's not very original!
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got them a nice picture frame and then a gift certificate to thank them for their help - theater tickets for my parents and the ILs fav restaurant.  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also did engraved picture frames. We engraved them both with "To our parents on our wedding day" and then our date underneath. We also gave each set of parents 2 bottles of wine (one red, one white) with our names and wedding date on the label.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the digital photo frames too, like Molly. It went over well, I thought.
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just did photo albums.  I really like the digital picture frame idea, but my parents already had one and DH's dad would have no idea how to work it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the digital picture frames too. We were quite excited about them, but our parents, not so much. Neither of them are using the frames yet. I honestly think that they don't know how, so we may just load up an SD card for them for Christmas to put in the frames.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards