Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP Cards

Have a question on RSVP wording/etiquette. Since we have so many young children in our families, we have decided to hire some girls to babysit during the reception. I would like to allow our other friends and families with young children to be able to take advantage of this opportunity but also know that 2 teenagers can only handle so many kids.  What would be a good way to word the rsvp card to find out how many young children would be attending. I had thought about doing something like ____ # of adults attending 
                       _________ ages and # of children
Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful

Re: RSVP Cards

• Options
    They way are doing it is fine to find out the amount of kids.

Do they have to go to the sitter? 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    What you've got is good enough to start, but you might want to contact each family directly to find out if they want to utilize the babysitters or not.  Will they be onsite?  A lot of parents won't use someone else's sitter, especially if they're not onsite.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    You might want to include a line like, "I/We would be interested in taking advantage of on-site babysitting services," to give you a better idea of how many sitters you need, or if anyone is interested at all. (I'm probably doing a similar line for the shuttle from the hotel to the ceremony - so I know how big of a shuttle to get.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

We are having the wedding and reception at my church and there is a playroom upstairs we will be utlilizing. The girls are close friends of my sister-in-law from my first marriage and many of the people will already know them so that shouldnt be an issue. No, the children are not required to stay upstairs, its a very informal reception, but i do want to make sure the girls are not overwhelmed with the amount of kids.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards