Wedding Invitations & Paper

Outter/Inner Envelope

Most etiquette I've seen says to write specific names of who is invited on the inner envelope (also where kids names and "and guest" would be indicated).

If I am not having the inner envelope where would I indicate that a guest is invited or that the children are invited. Is this something I should/can put on the address?

Re: Outter/Inner Envelope

• On the outer envelope with the address, yes. We also wrote everyone who was invited on that M________ line on the reception card. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • So:

Mr. John Doe & Guest
    1111 Park Place

also

Mr. & Mrs. John and Jane Doe
    Bob, Kelly, and Ryan
    2222 Michigan Ave

?
  • Yes. If the person is in a relationship, though, try to find out their guest's name. Also do that if they (or you) already know who they are bringing if not in a relationship.  If you truly do not know who they are bringing, "and guest" is ok. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • So:

Mr. John Doe and Guest
    1111 Park Place

also

Mr. & Mrs. John Doe
    Bob, Kelly, and Ryan
    2222 Michigan Avenue

and pell everything out.
  • I think you're supposed to write out "and" and not use "&," but I'm not 100% sure what the rule is. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards