Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

**KR**

Yay for little boys! I'm so thrilled for you! I wonder if they were wrong about their guess for me too and I'll be the one with the girl for all these little boys to date ;-) How are you coming along with picking out baby gear, nursery stuff, etc. The amount of baby stuff out there is sooooo overwhelming! I get excited and start looking...then I get frustrated and quit! Who knew this would be so complicated?! Are you feeling great at this point?

Re: **KR**

• Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too me too me too! Congrats on your baby boy!! I'm SO happy for you! Here's to Jimothy! ;-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks!  It is exciting!  Maybe you will end up with a girl...I was about to fall off the table when she said boy, haha. And J was like - are you sure?  Like 100%?  :)We have picked out next to nothing...that's our plan for this weekend, actually.  It is overwhelming!  I'm using Baby Bargains, so that helps a bit but there are still so many choices.  I am feeling so much better now also...I just have this kinda odd leg pain now.  (And I am happy that is the only thing to complain about!)  How about you?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Dori!  I'm glad you have a little time this week.  How is your DH doing?  I've been thinking about you guys. 
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks, KR. We're hanging in there! :-) Is that Baby Bargains book helpful to save money or is it more like recommendations on brands and stuff?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dori, it does both.  They break stuff down by equipment - so like nursery furniture, for example.  It reviews all the brands and grades them.  And then it tells you what you absolutely need, bare bones (crib, mattress, changing table) and then things that are nice to have, etc.  It also gives estimates for each category like you can get all of that furniture you NEED for $500, but if you want a glider or whatever, it will be more like $750, high end stuff is more like 2K, etc.The reviews and grades are my favorite part!
  • Options
    jlryan1jlryan1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have that book! I think it's great but it's still overwhelming b/c there's so much to choose from! I'm feeling pretty good. I starting working out again this week for the first time in a long time and I still get queasy at times, but it's so much better. My main complaints right now are headaches and back pain. Ugh!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, KR! I loved Bridal Bargains, so I was guessing the baby version would be just as helpful! My SIL was talking about getting rid of their nursery furniture soon and I wanted to jump on it, but not sure where we'd put it. I want to grab it up, though! :-) It's only a year or two that it would sit...lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is the same people who wrote Bridal Bargains!  I never read that one though...I should have.We have furniture stored all over our house for the future - it is really crazy.  I have my childhood bedroom set and then random dressers from my grandparents...I hate to get rid of them because they are really nice pieces of furniture and I know that I will use them someday, but they are literally taking up so much room!
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, KR! Glad I'm not alone on that! DH says I already have too much "junk." If I brought those home, he'd be perturbed, plus feel pressure for baby-making! ;-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards