Wedding Invitations & Paper

country meets bollywood

Hello brides! So my fiance and I set the date and reserved our ceremony and reception locations. We have a bit of a unique theme on our big day, which is Sept 21st, 2013. For the ceremony we're getting married on our friends acreage. They have horses, barns all that stuff. It will be sort of a low key ceremony, lots of DIY and a country-ish theme would fit the space really well. As for the reception, it will be held at a hall in town, they do an amazing job decorating and with the food. My fiance was born and raised in India and he really wants to incorporate his heritage into the wedding. We're thinking about doing a bollywood theme reception. We will invite everyone to wear indian clothing, there will be indian food, maybe a henna station, things like that. 

So my question.... For our save the dates and invitation... How can I blend the two styles together for the stationary?? Should we maybe bring a little bollywood flavor into the ceremony as well??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: country meets bollywood

• I would bring the bollywood theme into the ceremony. Use bright colors and other Indian accents, and the country stuff won't be as noticeable. 

Then just continue the bollywood theme into your stationery. 

I wouldn't ask people to dress in Indian clothing.
  • Thanks Leisel, ya I think bringing some bollywood into the cereomny would be great. We are definitley thinking bright colors, just not decided quite yet! As for the Indian clothing, we're not going to request it, we're just welcoming our guests to wear them if they want to. Probably about 40% of our guests are Indian so they will be in traditional clothing regardless and most of my caucasian friends have already said they want to wear sarees! Lots of colorful clothing should make for fun photos :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards