Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Reception and RSVP card wording

Hey,

The person designing my invites has asked for reception and RSVP card wording.  How does this sound?

Reception:
Cocktails, dinner, and dancing
At six o'clock in the evening
My venue name and address

RSVP:
Kindly respond by the thirteenth of September

M____________________________________

______ Accepts with pleasure
______ Decline with regret

____ Number of persons

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for your help :)

Re: Reception and RSVP card wording

• Options
    I think that looks pretty good so far! I have just one suggestion for the RSVP: instead of having people check "accepts" and then fill in a number, change __accepts with pleasure to "___number accepting with pleasure". It's just simplified that way.  But the way you've got it now is perfect, as well.

For the reception card, I'd suggest having "Cocktails, Dinner and Dancing" be the heading of the card, and then include the details below. Technically, you aren't supposed to list what the reception will entail, and since it's at a meal time there ought to be dinner anyway so some would say it's redundant, but having it as a heading is a great way to include that info. You can have your invite designer dress it up with a cool font or something :)

Cocktails, Dinner and Dancing

Please join us for a reception
    at six o'clock in the evening
    Venue Name
    Address
    City, State
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions!  I like the way you worded the reception card better.

Enjoy your weekend!
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Is it rude to list the invited person(s) name(s) on the RSVP card?  I'd rather not list each name and keep it simple since I am DIYing literally everything for our wedding but I don't want to come across like I have no idea what I am doing either. 

I ask this because my bro and new SIL didn't write "and Guest" and didn't specify one way or the other on any stationary sent.  This caused a lot of confusion, especially since several people are in committed, long-time relationships and the invite wasn't addressed appropriately.  We have 395 to be invited and I don't want to offend anyone, but I also don't want anyone confused.  I have done my research and I have all the names, spellings, ect.

Also, we are getting married 10-13-12.  I was thinking mid-august to mail the invites with an RSVP date of Sept. 14th...is that right?

Thank you for any help!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards