Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

STDs again...

So I went home last night and instead of working on my drafted STD, I made 2 more. What do you guys think? (the first one isn't done at the top)

Re: STDs again...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the second one.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2nd one has my vote for sure!

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    SteelrsGrl92SteelrsGrl92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're both super cute. But I vote 2

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the 2nd one too!  Such a cute picture of you guys!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the 2nd one. The photo is adorable.   But I would make the May Twenty-Second type smaller so you can showcase your photo.Will you be putting your names on the 2nd one?  And maybe your wedding website, if you have one?The top one is too overpowering for my tastes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the second one! Simple works better for STDs in my opinion!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the second one.  The first is still way too busy.
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think they're both cute, but I like the one you posted yesterday the best.
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the second better than the other ones but am not a fan of the text.  You really can't see the 2010 in the swirly thing either.  I would also add your names and a wedding website if you have one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The 2nd one is cute!

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the second one best- first is too busy IMO. But I think it would look better with the date as numbers instead of written out. And how about putting your names on there? I think if you used some of the wording from the one you posted yesterday it would work well. Just my 2 cents!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh, good point- I need to somehow put our names and the city on the second one. So do you guys like the second one better than yesterdays? (want me to pip it?) FI looooves the first one... I kinda agree with you all tho- simple and straight to the point is best with an STD
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the picture in the second and the border.  I think if you work on the text aspect (maybe try simplifying instead of doing all different fonts and text sizes, just pick one or two), you will have a winner!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara, you are planning on putting the rest of the info on the back, right?  Website, names, etc?

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    edited December 2011
    I also agree with Kim that maybe you could put your names in the font/place that the date is and then under the 'save the date', I would use "5.22.2010" that way you still have you 222 represented. 

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I also agree with Kim that maybe you could put your names in the font/place that the date is and then under the 'save the date', I would use "5.22.2010" that way you still have you 222 represented. Oh, I like this idea a lot!

Search & Win
  • Options
    pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe move the date down more into the empty space (on the second one)
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, I'm going to give you a super-honest opinion, because I think you deserve it! :-) I know you've done a lot of work on these and want them to be just right. The first one is even busier than yesterday's, IMO. Here's what I would do with the second one: Change the dots to a solid line (I think the dots look too modern for the barn-look you have). I would also do what Jenn said and where you have the date now, put "Save the Date!" bigger, then underneath have, "05.22.2010". Then where "Save the Date" is now, I would put your names and maybe the city. Also, I would take the scroll thingy out and change that font you have going in the big date right now. To me, it looks a little "Broadway" or "Grand Ole Opry". Maybe try a plainer font in bold or something.I may be very wrong (hey what do I know?!), but I typically see the STD as conveying the vision or theme of the wedding. I don't know much about your wedding, but I don't *think* your vision is conveyed here just yet. The great thing is that you have really cute pictures to use and you're on your way there!And if you disagree with my advice, I won't take offense obviously if you choose to take none of it. You asked for opinions, so I gave mine! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol- please don't be worried about giving your opinions! I def want very honest opins and I truly appreciate them!I won't be able to work on this till Monday, but I'm def going to take some of your input. I used to do the cover for my school newspaper- and this is exactly what would happen- I make afirst draft, then get a million opinions and incorporate them. Hence, why I'mdoing this now- I can't make a decision for the life of me!Thanks!  oh- and yeah, I def think the website should go on the front, good thought. and I do plan on putting more information on the back... Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO!    (p.s. sorry bout the WOT...)
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, S! Oh, and I should apologize for my mega-WOT! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I disagree a bit.  I actually like the dots and the old hollywood feel.  I like that you're taking a country picture and giving it a modern spin.  You were dressed all classy and that is kind of the feeling you were going for.  Oh, and I like writing the date out.  But I think you could shorten it a bit if you wanted to.  Maybe put May 22, 2010 and move it down a bit.  You could put your names, but not necessary. I also don't think it's necessary to put the website on the front.  Too much clutter.I think you just need to design something and get it printed!  Busy or plain... whatever.  People are going to hang it on their fridge and they'll notice it from time to time.  If it's cute, they'll enjoy it.  But your guests are not goign to rip it apart like we are.  Only crazy brides do that! :)I say pick one design and finalize it.  Re-arrange things a bit, pick a uniform font or fonts and size, and get it done.  You'll want to get them in the mail rather soon I'm guessing.  No more stressing over the STD!  No one cares that much.  Save some energy for your invites, decor, etc etc etc. :)  There's my opinion for the day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No more stressing over the STD! No one cares that much.So true!  I remember stressing over my STDs and getting in a huge argument with my mother of the design - which she thought was too plain, lol!  :)I think the website on the back makes sense too!

Search & Win
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sonya brings up a great point. Don't spend too much time stressing over these. Also, remember that opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one. Your guests, as Sonya said, certainly won't care what the finished product looks like, as long as the info's on there. There's only one thing I'd feel strongly about...you need your names in there, whether on the front or back. We've gotten STDs from distant family members we haven't seen forever and until I saw their names, I honestly didn't know who it was. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    I'm with D It happens all the time at my house I have no idea who half of my distant relatives are, I end up calling my mom to see who it is. Names and if you have a website are important. That's just me though :)
    image.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dori, love the a$$hole saying!  Haha! That is unbelievable that you've received STDs without names on them!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I meant names on the front, just to clear that up!  I can't believe so many ppl have received STD with no names anywhere on them!  That blows my mind. Even if you know your relative who is in the picture, I'm sure it's pretty common to have never met the fiance.  It would be nice to know his or her full name!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    opinions are like a$$holesLMAO!You know, you are absolutely right. I'm being a bit obsessive about this. Noone will really care in the long run... am I being a bridezilla? Eek... I'm kinda afraid of that. I def have some tendencies...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    very good point about the names. Especially since I look so different all the time... my own FI doesnt recognize me in pics sometimes! I think last names would be good too... so I'll put those on them and I think it'll be set.  right? yeah. I like the dots (I'm with Sonya on this one), and I'll change the font (like stace said), but def the second one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards