Wedding Invitations & Paper

DIY invites: Printing and adhesive tips?

Anyone have any tips for home printing or adhesive for DIY invites?

Our printer will pirnt borderless but that is traditionally for images so it enlarges the file slightly to print. Our design has some elements that have to be pretty exact so it throws everything off. Any suggestions?

And what did you use as adhesives for pocketfolds?

Thanks!
DD Lea, born 04/21/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #4 It's a BOY!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
CP: July 2011
BFP #3: 11/3/2011 M/C 12/12/11
We miss you and love you always, little firecrackers!

Re: DIY invites: Printing and adhesive tips?

• I'm using Zip Dry glue for my invites...it allows some time to reposition before it sets, which is really nice if you position it crooked at first.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• To help with printing the invites, just use regular printer paper and cut it to size and print on that first. Use trial and error to make adjustments so it prints exactly where you want it to. You shouldn't ruin the invites then.  Also, if you have heard of an ATG gun, it has one of the tackiest tapes to use because it was originally made for framing. You can pick one up at Michaels but they will run about $30.
  • Are you making your pocket folds?

I made mine and used Zips glue strips (= awesome!)
  • Let's see. I printed on a laser printer I picked up on sale, which *wasn't* borderless. In the end, I ordered larger cardstock, and borrowed a bypass trimmer. The actual pocketfolds I got premade, but for glue I generally use either contact cement or the equivalent of an ATG gun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards