Wedding Invitations & Paper

Meet the Wedding Party Bio sections?

The last two weddings I've been to have included "Meet the Wedding Party" sections that were like 5-8 sentence biographies of the wedding party (not the bride and groom) saying things like where they went to school, worked, lived, married to so and so for this long, or fun facts. It was nice to read- since I was slightly out of touch with the one bride's family and forgot where her sister had gone to school so I got to chat with her about it at the reception. Is this a new trend I am unaware of? Has anyone else heard of this? 

Re: Meet the Wedding Party Bio sections?

• Yes, they took up two pages in the back of the program. It was really nice to read during the waiting for the seating and the processional, etc! I just didn't know if it was some hot new trend I had been missing out on. 
  • Yep, I've been seeing this trend lately as well.  The graphic designer who is doing our invitations, as well as all our other paper items, emailed me some ceremony program examples that she'd done in the past and I was surprised to see that several of them had this "wedding party bio" section.  It seemed like alot of overkill to me.  Not sure why anyone would want/need to know all of that.  Definitely hikes up the cost of the programs too!
    Photobucket OMG...I'm MARRIED! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards