Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Hey_Its_Jen

I know you loved Ladles for your rehearsal!  My mom's considering it for my baby shower.  Their food is delicious!  The only concern is how it's set up at the Arnold restaurant.  I remember when it was open years ago, it was set up like 2 different rooms, is it still like that?  Does it still look exactly like it did when the restaurant was open?  We'll probably have between 30-40 people, and I don't want to feel like half the people are in one room and the other half is in the other.  How many people were at your rehearsal?  Did you feel that way at all?  Also, they let you bring your own cake, right?  My mom's between there, North Park Club House, or just renting the hall and having it catered/or coooking.  (She really doesn't want to cook though!).  I can't think of any other restaurants to look into, we loved Puglianos where we had our rehearsal, but they're booked every single weekend in December with Christmas parties!  Have any ideas?

Re: Hey_Its_Jen

• Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had just over 40 people at the Rehearsal Dinner and we were all in the same room.  They used, I think, 3 booths that had 4 people each and then 6-8 tables with 4 people each.  All the food was in the other room which was nice to have everyone crowd in that room and come back to the other room to eat.  Their food was amazing!! And they let us bring in our own desserts (we got those cheesecake samplers from Sam's Club) and they let you BYOB.  We just had a cooler at the front of the room for beer and soda and stuff.  I also hear that the Anchor Inn does a nice dinner - it's all downstairs so you can have the room to yourself.  No idea about prices/sizes or anything.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's nice that they set the food up in one room and everyone sits in the other!  It's obviously been forever since I've been in there, so I can't really remember how big it was!  Did they let you bring your own pop??
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a rehearsal dinner at the Anchor too, and it was really nice and the food was great, but my grandma doesn't do steps real well and I'm pretty sure there's no other way to get into the downstairs.
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure they let us bring in our pop but I'll have to check with MIL for sure.  But the food was great!  They served us a soup or salad, then buffet dinner, then they served the dessert.  It was nice and intimate but not too claustrophobic or anything.  The only downside is the parking.  I hate street parking but there is a decent size lot right across the street. 

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thanks!  I'll let my mom know.  We're waiting for Kathy to get back to us with available dates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards