Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

b/c I'm bored Poll...

favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh?
August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
Anniversary

Re: b/c I'm bored Poll...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have to say Nakama - but late night cheese and chocolate at melting pot is a close second!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You need to label this "question" and not "poll," I thought it was going to be a poll with multiple questions :(Fuel & Fuddle. I never really ate at "nice" places though since I was a poor college student.

Vacation

• Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hyde Park for fancy and Atria's for casual
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really love the Big Burrito group restaurants- Eleven, Soba, Casbah, Kaya, Mad Mex.  I miss them all the time!  Taj Mahal on McKnight Road also has some of the best Indian food I've had in the US- yum!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    dvanskydvansky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Slightly disappointed this was only one question :( We eat out a lot, but my favorite non-chain is Azul in Sewickley. It's like 35 seconds from my house, and I lurve it.
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme, I lurve Taj Mahal too, and Indian food is my favorite. =)  There was a place down in the DC area that I thought was even better, though (best I've had this side of London)...if you're ever down in that area, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry! Ok - more questions: Favorite Indian Dish (if you eat)? Favorite Bagel Place (nationwide - chain or local fav)? Favorite Coffee Shop?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    matar paneer with plain naan This bagel place in Albany, NY near the St. Rose campus....ummm. Starbucks (yup, guilty).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have answers to the other two, but chicken tikka masala, mmmmmm.....
  • Options
    dvanskydvansky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Don't eat Indian food. 2. Good ol' Brueggers. 3. Nicholas Coffee in Market Square. I am a coffee snob, and fully admit it.
  • Options
    cobrien1976cobrien1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favorite Indian Dish (if you eat)? No Indian food for me...yuck Favorite Bagel Place (nationwide - chain or local fav)? Bruegger's Everything Favorite Coffee Shop? Caribou
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Don't eat Indian2. I  love bagels but don't really have a fave place, I eat them all :)3. Don't really drink coffee, but I do like Dunkin Donuts blueberry coffee

Vacation

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG snorge, yes!  Thank you!  What place is it?  I'll hopefully be down that way early next year :)Fave Indian food: All of it!  Paneer makhani, pani puri, mango lassi, papdi chatBagel place: honestly, probably PaneraCoffee shop: don't really drink coffee.  Can I be lame and say Starbucks?

Vacation
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme, it's Raaga (www.raagarestaurant.com), in Falls Church. It's close to where FI used to live, and we LOVED it. It's been a few years since I've been there, but they had a great buffet (and I only go to Indian restaurants for the buffet, because otherwise there's no way I could choose!).
  • Options
    AMK2009AMK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    favorite bar food: Fatheadsfavorite fancy:  Hyde ParkOh, and I love Bettis Grill too!  Deep fried italian hoagie, yumm!No Indian food or coffee for me.  And probably Panera for bagels.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many thanks, I hope I get to try it soon!

Vacation
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks AMK for saying Fatheads. I was afraid I was going to be the only one. I looove that placeAnd also there is a hole in the wall diner in bellvue that has the best breakfast food. as far as the other question I've never had indian food, and I'm not huge on bagels and I don't drink coffee.. sorry I'm lame :)
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh:Piper's Pub, Cafe du Juor, Double Wide, Taco Loco (can you tell I live in South Side?)Favorite Indian Dish (if you eat)? Never had Indian, but ooooh Kassab's (Middle Eastern/Lebanese) is awesome. Falafel.Favorite Bagel Place (nationwide - chain or local fav)? I usually get Bruegger's. Though I used to love Schwartz's bagels, they're no longer around though.Favorite Coffee Shop? Starbucks as far as regular visits go. But also La Prima in the Strip and Nicholas Coffee.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fav. restaurant in Pgh: MallorcaIndian food: Haven't had it muchBagels: I don't normally get them out, but Bruegger's is good.Coffee: Starbucks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fave Restaurant: China PalaceFavorite Indian Dish (if you eat)? Don't eat Indian. Favorite Bagel Place (nationwide - chain or local fav)? Brugger'sFavorite Coffee Shop? Caribou. It is so cozy there. And they have a YUMMY hot tea right now that when you buy it, the proceeds to go Breast Cancer Research. It is called Amy's Blend in honor of a 38 year old woman who died of breast cancer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the Big Burrito Group restaurants too, especially Eleven.I don't eat much Indian food.Fave bagels:  paneraFave coffee: starbucksElisha-what diner in bellevue?  I'm down there everytime I'm home (brother lives in west view).  I like that bookstore place (A I think?) that does the pancakes on Sundays...YUMMY!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards