Wedding Invitations & Paper

Questions about place cards

Is it okay to use one place card for each couple? To save room, I thought it would be easier to put two people on each place card. Can this also work for two people who come together who aren't dating (i.e. someone brings a friend instead of a date)?

Also, do I need to put last names on the place cards? A few of our guests have the same first name, but I figured they would be able to figure out which one is theirs based on their spouse's name on the card. Does that work? 

Re: Questions about place cards

• We addressed our place cards the same as the envelopes.  We put each couple on one card.  And for non-married couples, I put the female on the first line with her boyfriend on the 2nd line underneath.

My family is full of Toms.  So I would encourage you to do last names.  You can alphabetically organize them by last name, so they are easiest to find as your guests arrive at cocktail hour.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_questions-about-place-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:a3f41318-44de-47b9-92f7-047e29061f26Post:08781842-0d51-439b-88a5-db158c50860a">Re: Questions about place cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]We addressed our place cards the same as the envelopes.  We put each couple on one card.  And for non-married couples, I put the female on the first line with her boyfriend on the 2nd line underneath. My family is full of Toms.  So I would encourage you to do last names.  You can alphabetically organize them by last name, so they are easiest to find as your guests arrive at cocktail hour.
    Posted by OliveOilsMom[/QUOTE]

<div>Would it be okay to only do last names for people with the same first name (only two people)? My family all have 16 letter last names, which means my font would have to be tiny for all the last names, so I'd like to skip them and only use last names when I need to. Or is that confusing?</div>
  • I would make it uniform however you decide to do it.  I think you could do first initial last name (ex J. Doe).  But that could also get confusing depending on if you have 2 people that have the same last name and first initial.
  • Could you put first names of married couples on the first line, then the last name on the second line.  I know having the long last name will make the font size super small.  But I think it gives a more formal feel to have full names on the place cards.  For example:

Jane & John
    Superlonglastname
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards