pinksonyapinksonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  Happy hump
  • Options
    hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning. I keep getting later and later to work.  And my main reason why?  Because DH and I put on new sheets on our bed and they are so soft and comfortable - I find it very hard to get out of bed when my alarm goes off.  It's the little things in life :)

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn - DH has been leaving the window open at night in our apartment.  It's freezing in the mornings!  I've had to set my alarm earlier because I keep hitting snooze to avoid getting up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning. It's cold, but I need several days of hard frost to kill off the rest of the outdoor allergens.
  • Options
    d78d78
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning everyone!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The window open?! Brrrr
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Candice - I set my alarm for 5:35 this morning and finally pulled myself out of bed for 6:20 and left my house at 6:40... it's getting quite ridiculous but they are SO soft and warm.  The hard wood floors are brutal in the morning! AND, the only real reason why I got up them was to grab my remote starter for the car! haha.

Married 9/19/09

• Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gooooood Morning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it sounds bad Sonya, but we haven't even turned our heat on yet.  The outside walls must be super insulated and the neighbors must have theirs set at 85 degrees.  It's actually too hot to leave the windows closed.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning. Got pulled over last night on turnpike and he wanted to know what my hurry was and what excuse I was going to give him for going 78 in 55 mph zone. (thought it was 65) Said no excuse. Said no points just fine then started to his car and I said something to the fact of where I used to waitress and we started talking, seriously, for like 15 min and he let me go. Phew. I have enough bills. Very nice trooper.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow!  I'm jealous, Candice!  I was determined to wait until well into October to turn the heat on.  But when we went home two weeks ago, the ILs had the heat set at 75!  That was the end of that.  When we returned to a 57 degree house, we had no choice but to turn the furnace on.  Even at 63, it's pretty darn chilly!
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! It's certainly not 85 in our house - it's 60, because DH and I argue every year about when it's time to turn on the furnace. Still isn't on yet :(I am still swamped with work, and will probably not be on much for the remainder of the week. I'll try to share some fun etsy finds - I've seen a few gems the past couple of days!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sonya you would freeze at the house I work in. The daughters bedroom still has the air on. Nuts! Then you go the the dad's room and it's like your in the Bahamas.
    ME:44 MH:42 DE IVF 2013
    image Matrix image Ollie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!My heat isn't on yet either. I think our downstairs neighbors have theirs on. Last year we avoided turning it on until after Thanksgiving. I doubt that will happen this year.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning. :)  I'm loving that the cold weather is making the allergies go into hiding. Yahooooo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning - we haven't turned on our furnace yet either.  It's pretty cold in the house, but we're getting by with a space heater.I still haven't broken down and started wearing a coat yet, either - may have to do that soon :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!Our weather has been crazy lately - warm one day and then freeeeezing the next!  We wait as long as possible to turn on our heat though - hopefully mid-November.  Baltimore has the highest rates in the country, ugh.  Jenn, we put warmer/comfy sheets on our bed too!  Love it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.I'm super jealous of those of you who can wait to turn on the heat.  It was 31 degrees when I got up this morning--and it's been like that for about a week.  I made DH turn the heat on last week since I've been getting up at 5 and leaving the house before 6.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning! It is finally getting cold in Virginia, but luckily not cold enough to turn on the heat yet! It was in the 40's outside this morning, though our condo was pretty warm. I love having skylights, they warm the place up so nicely!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I finally broke down and wore a sweater today for the first time this season. It's cold, and I'm not liking it. I can't handle 70 degree highs, then all of a sudden down to 50. We have no control of when our heat gets turned on, but it doesn't matter to me b/c our apt. stays pretty warm all winter anyway.Stay warm ladies, and hope everyone has a good hump day! :-)
  • Options
    snorgesnorge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning. I'm not feeling great today, and have to stay late tonight...so it'll be a looooong day. Blargh.
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I can't believe that so many of you haven't turned on your heat yet.  We absolutely have to, our old house gets way too cold (and we even cover the windows with plastic).  We've had out heater on for a good week and a half already, set at 68.  If we shut it off, our house would be way too cold.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't turned our heat on yet and I still sleep with our ceiling fan on.  If it gets a little chilly, we'll just start a fire.  I'm dead set against turning the heat on until Thanksgiving - we'll see how that goes!

Married 9/19/09

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! :-) It is still hot here, so the A/C is still blaring! I have heard rumors it will cold eventually, so we shall see!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my house is like Stace's- too old and too cold. And I'm wearing long johns today cause my office is even colder. brr
  • Options
    lildiva1977lildiva1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning and happy hump!
  • Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies. I'm alone in the office again today. I haven't even turned on any lights but my own office light. I'm with those of you that keep the heat off and/or low. We put plastic on the windows (that's this weekends plans) and won't turn the heat on till the last possible second. Last year we didn't turn the heat up past 65 all year. And we turn it off in the day while we're gone. FI is a big scrooge when it comes to heating bills, and I just like being cold.
    image.
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like being cold and bundled up, DH likes just wearing shorts and a tee shirt.  I would be with you girls if we didn't have two very short haired dogs who shiver (even in their hoodies!), yes, I am a crazy dog lady.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning! I took Keag to get the flu mist today. phew! Our heat's on but only b/c I have a 4 year old! haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! I've got a crap load of stuff to do to get ready to go out of town. Yet have zero motivation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards