Wedding Invitations & Paper

Smock. Dauphine.

I just returned from an appointment at a bridal salon, looking at invitations (I just couldn't stand looking online any longer!) and am honing in on a few designs from both Smock (Vettore, Lashar and Helani) and Dauphine (Hollis, Ainsley and Sophie).

Has anyone bought invitations from either vendor?  How did they turn out?  How was the entire process?

Do tell ....

Re: Smock. Dauphine.

• I haven't heard of those brands. What did you like about them? Was the paper a good quality? Was the printing even?

No matter where you order, definitely get a proof. Note that most proofs I've seen are emailed, so it's just to see how it will look, not an actual sample.
    planning

• I have actually seen Dauphine in person. They are formal and nice. Personally I love bold and elegant.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_smock-dauphine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:a6593e7b-f639-4865-95c0-92540aa2f687Post:1411b32e-8191-469c-8b04-f5e66c513ec5">Re: Smock. Dauphine.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't heard of those brands. What did you like about them? Was the paper a good quality? Was the printing even? No matter where you order, definitely get a proof. Note that most proofs I've seen are emailed, so it's just to see how it will look, not an actual sample.
    Posted by JanoBean75[/QUOTE]

I like the texture of the paper stock -- one company's might have been <u>too</u> thick, actually.  Printing was superb, for both vendors.  I'm trying to echo some of the key features of our venue (historic inn, built in 1700s) with the paper stock and very limited use of decorative elements (scroll or filigree).  

Both companies provide multiple proofs, included in the pricing.  I'm confident either company will do a good job.  Now, I just need to squeeze letterpress into my budget.  *sigh*
  • They are both very good quality. I am a wedding invitation designer and I do similar quality work. However I do completely custom work for the same price. I was wondering if that is hard for brides to envision? Is there something I can do to make it easier? I want to make things really easy for my brides. Check out my etsy site and let me know how I can make it better from a bride's perspective.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/anaviink

thanks and good luck with your invite hunt!

anavi ink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards